Alan

The Showman's new Toy

While on his weekly fix to John's today, Chris and I decided to start up the Kobota digger which had not been used since the last time it was used :rolleyes: to see if we could unearth the 3 furrow Ransome plough which had sunk itself a couple of inches into the ground.

John, when asked, didn't want to drive, so I did the pushing and pulling while Chris placed lumps of wood under the now uncovered lower sections which, apart from a bit of rust, were not as bad as we had expected.

As the digger usually lived outside, and as there was now space available in the barn, we thought it would be nice to offer it a new home.

After hearing the cogs clanking in Chris's cranium, and guessing what he was thinking, he was asked if he wanted a play.  Silly question.  He was like a little kid at Christmas with a new toy.  To cut a short story long, he managed to get the digger through the barn doors without scraping the paint.  A tank would have gone through with room to spare but I didn't want to upset Chris by mentioning this.  He said he used to drive mini diggers BIG brothers years ago.

A few action photo's.  As can be seen while on his way to the barn, Chris is trying to decide what new project he can use the digger for.  A few thoughts spring to mind.  First, will it fit into the Sprinter.  How about a half track Wheel Horse.  The engine would look good in a Wheel Horse RJ.

post-385-0-64826500-1455666775_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-08868100-1455666858_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-13677800-1455667017_thumb.jpg

In the third photo it is difficult to decide if Chris is dreaming of his new project or if he is nodding off.

And finally, Chris wanted to take home a little present for Nigel.  Not wanting to splash out on a bunch of roses and with no pansy's in sight, a dead branch of drowned leafy things was spotted in the digger bucket after tipping out a lot of frozen water.  With a naughty gleam in his eye's he muttered THAT WILL DO.  Only the best for Nigel. :D

post-385-0-16672800-1455667450_thumb.jpg

After the weeks drama I've had it was good to get away up to Johns and spend the day having fun.

It was a lovely sunny day and it was spent outside ( apart from drinking tea ) having fun in the mini digger.

It's certainly given me some ideas on a new project and I wasn't nodding off in the last photo, the sun was shining in my face