kathy

Westwood Gazelle Help

HELP - Some  advice would be just great to receive. Have a Westwood Gazelle with the Code 79042311 which I believe indicates the year of production as being 1979. The cutter deck was rattling madly, making a hideous noise. Friend offered to take a look and completely took apart the deck, snapping what I think is the cutter spindle or blade boss and removing the pulley and adjacent bearings, nuts and bolts. Sadly I think he has perhaps killed off my Gazelle completely. Have tried to locate replacement washers, pulley, bearings, blade boss, bolts etc to repair the deck, but no luck. I have managed to find a 1983 instruction/spare parts manual but the part numbers listed appear to no longer exist. If there is anyone out there who knows of someone I could contact for old parts then that would be so helpful. I've had my Westwood Gazelle for many years and I'm loathe to give up on it. I'll give all the info I have to hand in case this helps. The Westwood Gazelle is a 5-speed transaxle drive, 11 horsepower 399cc synchro balanced, 4 cycle engine at 360rpm, rear discharge, 36" twin cutters. Model 52707 - Type 0162-01. There is another number but I can't see it all:  - -9--1003019. The dashes indicate the numbers that are unclear. Thank you for any help there is.

Parts are still easy to get for Westwoods

Few guys on here dabble with them & sure they will help

Hi Kathy, a friend of mine has 4 Westwards under his carport but I cant remember if they have decks, we plan to get them out on Tuesday and do some photos of them.

If you send Alan a private message he may be able to help.

Chris

As has been said, parts should not be a problem, as well as forum members , there are a few breakers who advertise on the bay of evil.

Try Stuart Oliver 

stuart.oliver@btinternet.com         Or. 01233 820811

28 minutes ago, the showman said:

Hi Kathy, a friend of mine has 4 Westwards under his carport but I cant remember if they have decks, we plan to get them out on Tuesday and do some photos of them.

If you send Alan a private message he may be able to help.

Chris

No decks on any of the 4 Westwoods Chris.  Only decks left are 1 Wheelhorse ? and the black one of unknown make.