nigel

A day out not ploughing

Play day at townings farm not,                                                       Well I loaded up yesterday ready for the 30 mile trip this morning cross country, so I was up with the lark at 8am to my amazement it was already light, so two cups of coffee and three fags later off I set get ten miles down the road came to a level crossing the barriers were down so I waited for the train to come, it didn't then I saw the sight road closed:rolleyes: so off I goes again on a ten mile detour, after 35 miles stopped tanked the truck and tractor up bought a chocolate bar for my breakfast handed over £60 and was on my way again, pulled up on site met my old buddy the showman, unloaded the tractor picked our spot , the show man sticks his 3 striped poles in the ground for me to follow, made the best opening I've ever done, oh I was chuffed to bits, then BANG ! Water every where ,a flint had come up broke off one of the metal fins on my fan which then went through the radiator :angry: so I loaded up drove the 40 miles back to my workshop, when I got there I had some how lost the disc off the plough, so I said sod it and went home, then to top it all 3 hours later my mate rung me up and asked if I had lost my seat cushion cos he had just ran over one 10 mile down the road and it was red and had Holder written on it, so I said did you pick it up? No didn't bother he said it was ripped to bits :(

Don't think so norm, I spun the wheels ploughing to deep when it happend I think it was a bit unlucky cos I think it was the only Flint in the furrow I found it laying next to the tractor didn't find the fin though

1 hour ago, Triumph66 said:

We all have one of those days Nigel. 

Hope you you get the Holder sorted soon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm with Andrew on this one. I hope its not to difficult or expensive to fix.

Iain