Sign in to follow this  
Triumph66

1975 DAF 66 Station Wagon

Last year I bought an old DAF 66 estate locally. It's a quirky little old car that is powered by a 1.1 Renault engine with variomatic transmission. It will need some TLC on the sills. The colour is Tundra Green. These are photos of when I got it back in December and have yet to update the photos.  Very unusual to find a DAF, let alone an estate. I have sorted out the engine with a service including finding a new alternator. The DAF Owners Club is a gem of a club and have helped me out with a few items.DAF Hobby, in the Netherlands, sourced me the outer sills. Here are some photos for Koen's benefit.

IMG_1609.PNG

IMG_1611.PNG

IMG_1612.PNG

IMG_1614.PNG

IMG_1615.PNG

IMG_1616.PNG

IMG_1617.PNG

Cannot remember the last time I saw a DAF myself. Apparently there are a few in the South West but mainly saloons. The DAF 66 was bought out by Volvo in the late 70s and had a face lift to meet its safety standards.

22 minutes ago, pmackellow said:

That's neat Andrew :thumbs:

Back in the mid 80's a friend of ours used to tow two vintage motorcycles to shows behind a saloon version, we all wondered how the car put up with it ! :)

Apparently they can tow fairly happily...  Not convinced myself..... 

24 minutes ago, sten said:

Nice Daf 66, I have a Daf 44, 850 twin cylinder boxer, I love it but its in the worst colour possible s--t brown.

Thanks. Yes I seen that brown colour! A classic 70s colour and thus very retro! Post up a photo of your DAF 44 as well to keep mine company.

Are you on the DAF Owners Forum? If not I highly recommend it.

1 minute ago, Triumph66 said:

Thanks. Yes I seen that brown colour! A classic 70s colour and thus very retro! Post up a photo of your DAF 44 as well to keep mine company.

Are you on the DAF Owners Forum? If not I highly recommend it.

Yes I'm on the Daf Forum, there's a couple of Facebook groups as well, I will try and get a picture on but I had a lot of trouble trying to upload pictures last time I tried and gave up