Sign in to follow this  
joegrgraham

Yellowbird cultivator/Tiller.

Just got home from collecting this, a circa 1980 yellowbird cultivator /tiller. 

A quick Internet search has revealed not a lot, other than yellowbird being an American machine, so I assume Ashley Cooper were importers?. 

As you can see, the engine has been cannabalised and is probably beyond saving, I'm think it is a B & S, but if anyone can give me any more information, I'd be very grateful!. 

The little three leg cultivator looks like an interesting gadget as it seems to pivot from side to side. 

DSC_0536.JPG

DSC_0537.JPG

DSC_0538.JPG

More pics. 

DSC_0539.JPG

DSC_0540.JPG

Had a better look at it today, only just realised that the wheels are plastic! 

They do look the same design as yours Paul, I guess they were just bought in by the different makers. 

Yes, it has a gearbox off the back of the engine. 

Not sure if this particular engine will live again, it has been robbed of most ancillaries, really depends if I can identify the engine model, and then source either parts or a donor. 

3 hours ago, joegrgraham said:

.es, it has a gearbox off the back of the engine. 

Not sure if this particular engine will live again, it has been robbed of most ancillaries, really depends if I can identify the engine model, and then source either parts or a donor. 

Don't be in too much of a hurry to bin that lump as those reduction box engines are hard to come by. Strangely enough, a couple of weeks ago, not having seen one for ages, I was brought one to sort out by another "fettler", who had given up on it,   

2 hours ago, Wristpin said:

Don't be in too much of a hurry to bin that lump as those reduction box engines are hard to come by.   

That thought had already occurred to me! My mate had a merry Tiller with a reverse gear in the engine and he had a right game getting that one sorted!. 

It's in the 'pending' pile at the moment, in time I shall have a proper look over it.