Anglo Traction

A Mystery Roaring Twenties Refurb.......hopefully!

No real update yet and haven't had a chance to concentrate on test running this, but have primed the Carb float bowl to test the float valve which I 'Lapped' to ensure a good fit/seal.

Left it for a week to see how it fares. I suppose I really want to cover all the points that will make it work before fueling it up.

In the meantime, I wanted to give the Spark Plug stock a good going over.

I have the original 8 COM in the engine currently,  but don't really want to rely on it. So I have 2 other 8 COMs and a Lodge BBL.

These I've stripped out and cleaned, as they all can be dismantled for cleaning. Did the Champions first, one is 1930s (left) and the other is 1950s.

The 50s one cleaned up best, but turned out to be dead. No continuity in the central electrode. The 30s one is perfect, 0.5 ohms resistance top to tip-

DSC02117.JPG.af8881100f4dcda581ec00d60fa893ed.JPG 

Had doubts about the Lodge BBL, but after sorting the loose body electrode, it cleaned up ok-

DSC02119.JPG.315759701574ab09c71c52f40d5bd7c5.JPG

Has a reading of just 2.8 Ohms, so also good. This one is on the higher temperature side of the 'Warm' range that 8 Com is in and is good for Oily running engines.

Also have a good Vintage Lodge CV and hope to be able to test them all out on it, but I have to make 2 different threaded (Thumb Nuts)  for them.

2 early ones are threaded UNC and the CV is 2BA !. Hope to update soon.  

Will come back with an update on this towards the winter. It has now been married up to a good example of the original mower it used to push around in the 1920s-

DSC02133.JPG.850ab38bc23ce55aac86c111cbc5a0f0.JPG

Needless to say in the meantime, it's being parked up on a display stand to earn it's keep at the Museum. I'm busy with miniature stuff at the moment.     

DSC02132.JPG

DSC02135.JPG