CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Micro Power Motor Bike in a Bag Brochure

21 minutes ago, Webhead said:
3 hours ago, factory said:

Did they know much about it or the engine used? Prices could temporarily go up again if they have created more interest.

Do you know what episode it was in, as apparently this programme is shown in the UK as well?

David

I believe it was named "Twist and Scout", an episode where he finds the Indian motorcycle of his dreams. It was on this past Thursday.

Thanks Joe, I could have a very very long wait, Quest TV in the UK are currently showing series 5 & 6 at the moment and "Twist and Scout" is from Series 15. :banghead:

David

@Webhead How the hec does the throttle work on these? Just can't seem to find a good pic and don't see a throttle control. I'm assuming it's an internal cable twist throttle with the cable inside the handle bar part way but just not 100%sure.

I've had a look through my archived pictures (from ePay), it disappears into the one of the handlebar tubes as shown in the picture below, the wire for the kill switch must also go inside the tubing on that side. The standard lever type control on the other side is for the rear wheel brake.

r6a.jpg.a1537baa0f2e0810e15aad94ca1620c5.jpg

r6b.jpg.9b7ae133a1fff16f6781091d6125a4b5.jpg

Here are a few other pictures showing the cables on another of these bikes.

z12a.jpg.724464a76b9afad12aaac21b9b144f52.jpg

z1a.jpg.abdd63a5ba5e38337150152c90b3bd98.jpg

z16a.jpg.0b31a872551b991e4ded24769296e92b.jpg

David

Pretty sure this can be pulled off going by pics. I found some basic measurements online of total length and height. Might have to go without brakes or a brake band type brake. Did find some small shoe style drum brakes but not sure how deep into it money wise is worth it. Had to go with a banana style seat since those old solo polo flat type seats go for too big of money. 

12 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Might have to go without brakes or a brake band type brake.

I don't know why would need brake .

25 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Had to go with a banana style seat since those old solo polo flat type seats go for too big of money. 

What does money have to do with it your going to get a check in the mail one day.

Brakes would just be to get closer to the original design. Flintstone style brakes would work just fine too.

Yeah, from you.

I need to build it as cheap as a Chinese factory would in order to maximize profits when I sell one to you. $250 -$490 for a little original seat is ridiculous although that's about the price you will be paying for the cheapie! Cha-Ching!

These are the only other pictures I have showing the brake mechanism, the bike dynamo hides most of the mechanism, the unknown make mini-bike I bought uses a simple band brake on the front wheel.

r8a.jpg.b4ec2795e6911a82cb75ec899aaf5cd7.jpg

z6a.jpg.8b36e1bca6777c3226daba44b606166a.jpg

David

Edited by factory

2 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

What does money have to do with it your going to get a check in the mail one day.

2 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Yeah, from you.

I need to build it as cheap as a Chinese factory would in order to maximize profits when I sell one to you. $250 -$490 for a little original seat is ridiculous although that's about the price you will be paying for the cheapie! Cha-Ching!

I'm not at all surprised seats are advertised at silly prices, anything to do with vintage bikes seems to be really expensive these days.

Those two Micro Power bikes I have pictures of sold for $1k+ and that was in 2015.

David

Hi, I'm new to the site, but ran across this thread searching for info on one of these bikes that I just bought.  The original owner told me that it came with a suitcase, but it got beat up so he threw it away! Argh!!  My bike is painted green, and I'm trying to find out if they came in colors or all chrome?  It still has both headlights and the tail light, but tail light lens is gone.  Everything else is complete and I've got it running.  Can anyone give me guidance on parts availability, value, and the color question, etc?  The picture is from when I brought it home. 

micro bike.jpg

Welcome to the forum!  Great find, those mini bikes don’t come up often.  Yes, too bad the previous owner threw out the suitcase.  Yours looks to be in really nice shape! I’ve never seen a green one but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Wallfish and Factory will know more.  Are you looking for engine parts or parts for the mini bike frame, etc.?  Have you looked into the engine at all or tried to see if it’ll run?

It runs, just a little rough. I probably need to clean the carburetor, Possibly rebuild it.  The only thing missing is the breather and the tail light lens, I would like to get those replaced.  I would love to find an original suitcase, or a similar substitute.  

:WMOM:

Very nice find

The original suitcase would be more of a Holy Grail find than the bike itself

Never saw one painted before, just chrome but you should be able to tell if it was done with a spray can or possibly a professional factory job

The exact light lens replacement might be difficult as well, but you can find those those retro style bicycle generator lights on epay

Parts availability is next to nil except for the engine parts.

I couldn't find one so had to build one