CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Derby Tiller

Recent addition to the collection is a Derby Tiller. Here are the as-received photos. Definitely needs a good clean-up.  It might be a little while before I get to this one but I’ll add some photos as soon as I can do an initial wipe down.

7030B6BC-38AE-4DE1-A8C2-E564541BA7DD.jpeg

281A12A4-B0CD-4EDF-A0C0-800D2EE79DAA.jpeg

5B0888B1-08CA-4570-8760-64EBB94E3B1E.jpeg

6E78A99A-CC52-4EBB-AA49-6C756C9A64AE.jpeg

66985AC0-38CD-48AB-BAC8-E4B350AC397F.jpeg

871443C8-7C65-4E9E-A2E7-F6B915E49218.jpeg

Another nice find. With the popularity of those little Mantis tillers, I'm surprised we don't see more of these.

Luckily the entire fuel vent is still on there. These were also badged under a few different names

Yes, I was quite pleased to find this. I had hoped some day I might come across one and I did unexpectedly. It looks to be complete. I might put it all back together today just for grins if I get some time.  The fuel vent is all cracked and pieces of plastic are missing so it’s junk and I’ll have to figure out an alternative.

I agree, seems like more of these would pop up given how common the newer mini tillers seem to be.

Another nice find, it's a re-brand of the Little Wonder Power-Head with Cultivator attachment, they also made a Snow-Blower attachment, I have neither of these. I nearly bought one of the Derby Tiller versions a few years back, but the guy never got back to me on the international shipping so it never happened.

I'm guessing not many survive as they probably got chucked out when the blades got broken or worn out.

David

On 9/7/2019 at 12:28 PM, CNew said:

The fuel vent is all cracked and pieces of plastic are missing so it’s junk and I’ll have to figure out an alternative.

Back when you got the Little Wonder hedge trimmer I thought you were looking into designing & making a replacement with 3D printing?

David

On 9/9/2019 at 7:18 AM, factory said:

Back when you got the Little Wonder hedge trimmer I thought you were looking into designing & making a replacement with 3D printing?

David

It might take a little time since I just started a new job but I may have access to another technology that might make for a great solution for these little vents. 

Sorry Clint. I took these for ya a couple weeks ago but don't believe I ever sent them to you. The last pic is the shaft with the engine removed

IMG_0370.JPG.4d06b3204935a3a78735f73b4d554e98.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG.cb1aa522786871d399cad9308918990d.JPGIMG_0371.JPG.cb1aa522786871d399cad9308918990d.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG.f558acbb92aa519476dee61ee836a0bb.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG.1e4ca91f13c1084486ac7de64080a2d8.JPG

John,

Much appreciated, these photos are really helpful so I can make sure my tiller goes back together correctly.  It looks like my handle linkage is correct so that’s good to know.

Wish they made other attachments to fit the engine head design. It's very simple to attach and disconnect.

Snowblower, brush cutter, outboard ect ect.

How is that project coming ? I seen one at the turkey rod run in Daytona last year but I was with someone and he wasn't

putting that thing in his car. But I can understand . like to see it when its cleaned up.

got the Toby cart yesterday get started  tomarrow.

IMG_0076[1].JPG

IMG_0077[1].JPG

Wow, that’s one nice ride!

I haven’t been able to work on any projects lately. I am about to move across the country so all the O&R stuff is packed up. 

Your moving where are you going ? hope its a good move the first thing you need to unpack is the o&r it will make it seam like home.

Sometimes we don't have time to work on it but its there when we need it.(good support system )

hope the move goes will.

Thanks JUST O&R!  Headed to the desert....  I couldn’t agree more- I aim to get the workbench out and unpack the O&R stuff as quickly as possible. Even when I can’t work on them it’s fun just looking at them and planning the next project. Like you said, they are a good support system.

Cheers!

Apparently:D ... you never know where the road is going to take you.... I’m going to miss the lush green and lakes and fall colors for sure.  I guess tumble weeds and cactus are pretty in their own way too.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:44 AM, Wallfish said:

Wish they made other attachments to fit the engine head design. It's very simple to attach and disconnect.

Snowblower, brush cutter, outboard ect ect.

Little Wonder did make a snow blower attachment for the powerhead, not seen a survivor yet though.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, CNew said:

Wow, that’s one nice ride!

I haven’t been able to work on any projects lately. I am about to move across the country so all the O&R stuff is packed up. 

Good luck with both the new job & the move to the desert, I guess you will find some different O&R tools for sale locally there too.

David