CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Water Pump Type 217

Nice find, this is either the Ohlsson & Rice Utility Pump or Orline version, the impeller pump was used by many different manufacturers.

At least one of these made it to the UK, it was exhibited at Mill Meece Pumping Station in 2018 (I didn't see it myself, but it was pictured in the Sept 2018 edition of the Stationary engine magazine together with not a very good write-up on O&R Compact engines, including that incorrect Korean War reference again :banghead:).

David

Looks nice all the parts are there seems like all the ones I see are missing half the parts. You seem to find the good ones.

I need to get out more and see what i can find.   ( That will clean up nice )

Finally got around to cleaning this one up a bit.  Also got it running today, took a few more attempts than usual but once it fired it ran pretty strong.  It’s always satisfying to fire these up!

2AD3D113-029D-42DD-9BDC-ADABCF723008.jpeg

ACDF9B52-DB0A-40FC-802B-C8868E98546E.jpeg

Thanks, I tried not to overdo this one. It has a good bit of character and age so I kept it as-is as much as possible but got all the important stuff good and clean. The lighting in my photos isn’t too great, might need to take it outside and get a couple better pics.

Anxious to see your Tiny Tiger 400 when you’re done with it.

That looks great! you must have pretty good collection going on. We need to fine a place in the middle of us and have a show.

There would be hundreds of this little things.

That would be a lot of fun. Now that I’m in AZ I’m really going to miss being able to go to local tractor and old iron shows.  Let’s keep thinking about that, there is bound to be something in between us.

4 hours ago, pmackellow said:

That looks good, nice job ! :thumbs:

Thanks pmackellow!  Are you working on any new projects these days?

Welcome to the forum Mike!  Nice looking pump! I’m missing one of the little pumps as well for a different pump I have. I haven’t been able to locate anything like it yet.  I’ve been tempted to try to find a used transfer pump kind of like this just to see if maybe it would fit.  There are several off-brands of these small pumps so I’m sure one can be found on the cheap.  https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200352045_200352045

:WMOM:

Direct from Northern Tool concerning the impeller for the pump in that link. Try giving them a call and I doubt that part can be very expensive. I do NOT know if it's a direct fit or not but certainly appears it can work

November 5, 2011
Answer this Question
Was this question helpful to you?
6out of 6found this question helpful.

Staff Answer
Please call our parts department @ 1-800-222-5381 for price and availability.

17 hours ago, Mike in NC said:

We have a pump just like the one pictured. It is missing the pump impeller. Does anyone know where one could be found?  Thanks in advance!!

:WMOM:

Welcome Mike, there are several different O&R pumps that all seem to use the pump & impeller, I have three different ones here & only one where the impeller is intact, I should really get some measurements from it.

This is the impeller remains from my Petro Chug-A-Pump with some measurements (pictures taken years ago).

SAM_6487a.jpg.a3dee1c9102cbc25686933a2cf99aa5c.jpg

SAM_6486a.jpg.12bc423917335dde367b5571d1ef6514.jpg

SAM_6488a.jpg.8d776f685f65ef04439a3f80b17a3f89.jpg

SAM_6489a.jpg.8b5884f8354f179c0eacfc0f97213b84.jpg

SAM_6490a.jpg.2af2555f04a4b60f9b763e38c6bf6e25.jpg

David