Wallfish

Water cooled glow engine

Just couldn't stand seeing this sit on epay any longer and really not sure why someone didn't grab it. Price was right for one of these more rare engines with a water cooled head, glow plug conversion and the remote control carb (not sure of the manufacturer). This thing has great compression, a pretty clean pull rope and barely any residue in the exhaust manifold. It has been run but certainly not much. Think I have 2 other water cooled engines so I guess it's time to find an old school boat to power up. This one has only the top portion of the head water cooled but I like to have the recoil start anyway. The type with full head water cool can go without a flywheel and blower housing to lighten them up if preferred.

IMG_0414.JPG.614ad3a637286f1b56346e95c323f922.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG.22a0d9a1f5de9094b2a9da275c443e84.JPG

That look like its in beautiful shape.Always wanted one of those boats I don't  ever see a white heat for sale

maybe one day I will buy the planes and see if I'm capable of making one. the problem is finding the drive shaft

and the props and all the rest of the parts could used new servos and radio. (got the engine) Oh ya the exhaust

pipe my be hard to find.

Nice, I can’t even count how many times I looked at that thing and debated on getting it. Is that an Octura carb or some other make?

25 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

Always wanted one of those boats I don't  ever see a white heat for sale

Pretty sure there was a white heat on eBay a couple months ago but it went for big $$$, pretty cool boat!

On 1/24/2020 at 3:23 PM, Wallfish said:
On 1/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, CNew said:

Is that an Octura carb or some other make?

Not sure of this manufacturer for the carb. Maybe @Webhead knows?

The carb looks identical to those used on the Du-Bro helicopters, I've never found out if Du-Bro made or bought them in. The engine definitely isn't from a helicopter as they had a few mods & didn't have the holes drilled for the magneto coil.

Quite a few water-cooled "converted" engines have appeared in the UK, all slightly different from one another.

David

If that is an Octura modified engine, you may want to see if it has the rare and special rotary valve instead of the reed valve. If so, you scored big.

Unfortunately this engine does not have that rotary valve but still have 2 more engines to check.

Received a box of NOS Octura parts and I already have a radio and servos somewhere. Now to find nice old vintage boat to power up.

IMG_0436.JPG.98cf8a3eca421ef9d60da7a7cd2f4944.JPG

I had a chance at a cool speed boat with an O&R back when is was in MN. The guy wanted just a bit more than I could spend at the time but I’ve been kicking myself ever since. It was in great condition and complete. Had a nice metallic paint job from the 1960s and everything. Maybe one of these days I’ll see if I can get back in touch with him to see if he sold it. Now it’ll cost an arm and a leg to have it shipped. It was a 54” long c 18”

wide boat.  Live and learn...

2 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

That's mest up. just making us all gelis like that!!   Some day I will find one and put a stop to this madness:yankchain:

Clint and you were posting up all kinds of stuff so I picked up my game to join in.:D They don't necessarily need to have a water cooled head but it needs the air flow if it doesn't.

Can't believe you guys left that motor up there for so long either. I thought everybody knew something I didn't.

Shipping big expensive RC boats can be a gamble. I'll be searching for something local and hope to find one. Or just build something for it. Built one a long time ago with a weedeater trimmer engine and used it to catch Bass with. It wasn't fast but it was more like a tug boat. Funny watching fish jump behind an RC boat pulling them in. I might have some old pics.