CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Mono-Line Chainsaw

Is guess it's your choice, either the modify the Mono decal you have, fit a standard O&R one, or wait until Titch has time to make these again.

David

I would cut the hole in the decal and trim some of the black circle off the outside. It will look better than a traditional decal IMO. Certainly not the end of the world to change a newer vinyl decal if you decide on an original, just heat and peel it off. Doubt there's much of a market for those decals to have a bunch made and sell, but ya never know

26 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

I would cut the hole in the decal and trim some of the black circle off the outside. It will look better than a traditional decal IMO. Certainly not the end of the world to change a newer vinyl decal if you decide on an original, just heat and peel it off. Doubt there's much of a market for those decals to have a bunch made and sell, but ya never know

This is kind of what I was thinking as well. I have the decal and nothing to lose.

I haven’t attached it yet but here’s how it would look.  I cut a small section of the border so it fits more like a typical decal.

D06721E9-33B7-427E-8A8E-24D665673F5C.jpeg

That doesn't look too bad, did you find something for the two tank decals?

11 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Doubt there's much of a market for those decals to have a bunch made and sell, but ya never know

I have seen a few others on chainsaw forums, there are probably a few unidentifiable ones out there too given how easy the decals get damaged. Whether other collectors would want to restore them to new condition & replace the decal, I just don't know. :dunno:

David

I think the decal would not be noticeable, but in fact looks great.  However, as a chainsaw enthusiast, I'd point out that the chain is on backwards in the pics.  I'd really like to add one of those Mono saws to my collection.  They look like a design that is much more practical and robust if one were to use it, and certainly much easier to work on than my Lancaster and Orline saws.

2 hours ago, Fishnuts2 said:

However, as a chainsaw enthusiast, I'd point out that the chain is on backwards in the pics.  

Ha, nice catch. I wasn’t even really paying attention (obviously) when I was putting the chain on yesterday. I was more focused on not damaging the fresh paint... I’ll get that flipped around  today, thanks!

5 hours ago, factory said:

That doesn't look too bad, did you find something for the two tank decals?

I tried reaching out to the guy that makes the replica O&R decals but I haven’t heard back yet. I may try Titch as well. The tank decals should be much easier to replicate since they don’t require a bunch of artwork which is where things start to get expensive.  I still have the original decals but they wouldn’t look good if I tried to reattach.

4 hours ago, Fishnuts2 said:

However, as a chainsaw enthusiast, I'd point out that the chain is on backwards in the pics. 

I see it takes all of us to keep him straight. look great

3 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

I wonder has the test run went with out one :scratchhead:

Ha, I haven’t tested it yet other than I did verify spark and it’s nice and strong so I’m confident the engine will run. I just wanted to put a fresh new spark plug in it and didn’t have one handy.

I think you guys are awesome! I love how you rebuild! These days everything is disposable and not many could fix anything if if it was serviceable. I grew up in awe of people like you and my dad. When I grew up I wanted to fix things just like he could. I have gravitated toward those that could, and tried to learn as much as I could and now, for a girl, I’m pretty handy. Sometimes it’s lonely in a world full of people that look at you sideways because you want to repair an item instead of buying a replacement. Trouble is the really don’t make them like they used to. You can’t buy yesterday’s quality anymore. But this you know. I just wanted to let you know I think this site is pretty cool and filled with awesome folk. Thanks for being you and thanks for being here.