neil

How daft do I feel.......

While at the Ardigley show last year my GT14 died on the way into the parade ring & I had to get towed round the ring then back to the exhibit area.

Thinking it was something serious ,I didn't want to delve into the tractor until I got her home. At the end of a gloriously hot weekend & a great show she was pushed back onto the trailer & headed back to Somerset.

After being unloaded at home I didn't have the heart to see what the problem was as I feared it was going to heartbreaking news . She has sat quietly ow for nearly ten months waiting for me to build up the courage to see what the problem was., I pushed her out onto the lawn & charged the battery for an hour then armed with spinners I decided to go for it.

Right, I will just start by trying to turn her over to get any idea of what might be the issue.

Turned key, vroooooooom , she stated first time ,,,that's odd... I started to look her over then looked down by the fuel tank & noticed that the fuel tap had wound himself shut by vibration.

As you can imagine I was delighted that it was nothing serious , so instead of spending hours trying to sort out a problem I spent the time getting reacquainted an gave her some TLC.

So now I know to get into the habit of turning fuel tap on & off after each use.

Here a a few pics after the TLC

post-5-0-21658400-1400249467_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-92355700-1400249723_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-83276900-1400249811_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-91498500-1400249883_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-88237300-1400250036_thumb.jpg

Don't worry Neil I did just the same at Ardingly !!

When I was trying to start my B115 without success, Mr Showman calmly looked at me and said the magic words "Have you switched the fuel on ??"

Boy did I feel daft... :banghead:

It's all part of the fun of owning a Wheel Horse Neil, my GT did the same trick to me the other week, started running quite rough for no reason so I limped it into the shack.. It wasn't until a few days later that I noticed the fuel tap had shaken itself almost closed! :rolleyes::D

Nice stack by the way :thumbs:

I took a motorcycle training course when I was sixteen. At the end we had to ride round a route on the road. Got just a few yards and my bike died. Yep! I'd not turned the fuel on. Passed the course though. :D