Dibnah

Whonda

Nice pics, Dibnah

Can you tell more about this tractor? is there a relation with "Honda"? where did it come from?I've never heard of this before!

Thank for infos

It started life as a Workhorse 700 but came to me with a 3.5 Honda in it. the first engine I put in it was a BSA unit 420cc- but that was rope start not recoil. That was removed and replaced with the current engine- a Honda 390 13hp unit and was still belt driven. This was approximately 2001/2 and I used it for landscaping jobs with an adapted Barford cultivator pulled from the tow hitch. Not happy with this situation- Namely belt drive- gearing- no implement lift, and the narrow rear track. I brought her back and dismantled it- out went the 3 speed box- the rear seat pan chassis- the lower half of the steering column mount. On went a 8 speed box- the Honda 390 engine moved forward to accommodate a 4 speed box tucked in behind the engine- sprocket drive from engine to gearbox/clutch- secondary drive chain down to sprocket now fitted to 8 speed box. Bottom half of steering column mount was replaced with a double acting pump from a hand stacking unit and steering column fits back on top. New seat pan/ three point hitch was fabricated from 3/16 sheet- an old trolley jack was adapted for the lift arms, hydraulic cylinder fits inside seat pan- taken from a trailer braking system. All linkages were then made up for the three point hitch including a PUH working separate from the lift arms.

To the engine sprocket was added a pulley to drive a PTO on the front of the tractor for various attachments Rear wheel spacers were made to widen the track so she stands "square". The fuel tank is made from 3/16 steel and is blended into the instrument console. Due to moving the engine forward a make up piece as welded to the tank to meet the bonnet. In a nutshell- she's stable- has plenty of power- (ask Digger James!)has gears for every job- benefits from the three point hitch and is capable of running front mounted attachments.

It has some proper low down power you lift the clutch in anger and your on the back wheels , like Dibnah says it has a gear for every task it's very versatile can't wait for our next landscaping job Tom !