S1g

Skoda fun pickup

Aqquired this little beauty a couple of weeks ago. Had one. Few years back and allways regretted selling it. It's a 2001 model with only 49k on the clock.

Other side

post-104-0-97124500-1405098584_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-89050600-1405098738_thumb.jpg

No, definatley staying yellow. Hope I can keep this one.

Second photo is my previous one, nowhere near as nice.

post-104-0-47188200-1405102558_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-20775100-1405102743_thumb.jpg

Nothing wrong with a scotch n Soda .

Nice little pick up , really sporty.

What size engine are in those ?

Only a 1600 polo engine. Am toying with dropping in a 1.9tdi out of a golf. The white one has allready got the normally asperated 1.9 diesel.

Your latest one looks very smart, good find :thumbs:

Thanks paul, only involved a 660 mile round trip to north of Dumfries to get it, but I'd never seen one so tidy. Only just over 300 left on the road now.

So is this one a keeper then Gareth ??

hopefully will be, at least until I've finished all the miles of welding on my subaru. The four seater part is particuarly nice in the hot weather we are experiencing at the moment.

Nice pickup. :thumbs:  I assume the rear seats slide forward and form the rear of the cab. Neat idea if so.

yes, turns almost into a standard mk 2 caddy/felicia.

Well worth the 600 miles trip to collect .

it was worth it but I wouldn't do it in a single day again, I would split it over two instead, particuarly in a pickup.

post-104-0-29501700-1405158759_thumb.jpg

And a towbar on its bum for a nice big trailer !!

its allready got a detachable tow bar fitted but I've only got the new type licence which restricts what I can tow. My 17th was the the 23rd march 97 and they changed the law on the 1st. How's that or bad luck?

That's a rather nice sports pick-up wagon Gareth, lovin the idea of putting a 1.9Tdi engine in it :thumbs:

a mate of mine breaks cars for a living so I've asked to give me first dibs on any mk3 golfs he gets in, should keep the wiring simple.

Just managed to buy a set of original alloys off ebay that were unfourtantley missing from my example. This time only involves an 80 mile round trip to collect. Should look something like this once repainted. The other item that arrived yesterday is a leather recolouring kit for the steering wheel as this is the one area that lets the truck down.

As long as you can tow something to a show Gareth that makes it an even more useful vehicle... :)

Theres a few things going on at my work at the moment (including a move) once sorted I'm hopping my boss will pay for me to take my trailer test and 7.5 tonner.

post-104-0-63153800-1405277540_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-33791900-1405277673_thumb.jpg

Due to unforeseen circumstances I'm regrettably going to have to part with my beloved little truck. Now only on 52k ( one of the reasons I'm selling it is lack of use). Before I let the vultures on ebay have a go I thought I'd give forum members first dibs. Will come with brand new mot, cambelt was changed only a few thousand ago and has lots of old mots to back up the almost unbelievable millage. 3 sets of alloys included along with the private number plate. I feel confident in saying this is one of the best examples left, and I'm 99% certain it's never had any paint work in its life.