neil

My tractors under water

I know some have seen pics of some of my tractors that ended up under water when my home was flooded a while back , I just come across the photos again & thought I'd share them with others who hadn't seen them .

All but one of the tractors have now been dried out and restarted .

Fortunately I managed to fully keep them out of water when the flooding happened but as you can see there was some that didn't escape the flooding .

Somerset is particularly vulnerable to flooding and I sadly live in a flood risk zone .

post-5-0-94778400-1405203115_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-75971200-1405203143_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-18926800-1405203157_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-02362200-1405203198_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-81993900-1405203213_thumb.jpg

Fortunately the water didn't manage to get into the house so we only had the garden to clear up afterwards.

I am now building a workshop to get the tractors out of the elements but sadly this is also within the flood zone of the garden so my hope is that we don't flood again in the near futurepost-5-0-12293000-1405234297_thumb.jpg

Wow Ian , that link makes my flooding look like a puddle.

East lyng is about two miles from where I am , it it right on the Somerset levels which are designed to deliberately flood but not to the extent of what they did .

Thanx for the link ,really interesting

Nigel, that's a great idea & I wished you had mentioned that when I started to build the shop.

A floating shed would have been great,

I will be keeping some of the small tractors up on shelving so if the shed does flood they will hopefully stay out of the water.

I am planning to reduce my collection soon so I will be left with a few that I can manage as there isn't enough room in the shed to keep them all in .

Thats not good.

Can I ask why you left them out like that :huh: ?? Surely they would be stolen??

If you had them all under a tarp out of the weather then fair enough

Thats a lovely workshop to keep them in now :D

Edited by Chris

Chris , most of them were under cover but as you see them scattered around is where I had to quickly get them to higher ground to prevent them from totally submerging . They were kept in my secure compound but as that begun to flood I had to push them to higher ground within the garden area but eventually 80 % of the garden area was under water so I had know here to store them until the flooding receded

Nightmare...

Just in interest Neil what machines are you thinking of parting with ?? (Not that I have room for any more !!)

That was my next question :D

Always up for growing our herd...