Tom

Other hobbies

Hi all,

I just thought it would be interesting to share any other hobbies besides our vintage machinery we may have...

I myself am very much into my marine aquariums, I had one up until recently where I had to sell up due to me now having enough time to keep it running efficiently because of school which was a great downer for me as I really enjoyed watching it, I could watch it for hours and not get bored!

I am also into my landrovers, I am of course not old enough to drive but I'm always working on my dad's defender when it needs it or cleaning it for him, they are by far my favourite vehicles! In addition to this I am into my quad bikes and have around 3 of them, they are great fun and are great for pulling sleds, unfortunetly this year I haven't been able to yet!

So lets hear all of your other hobbies...!

Tom

Vintage stuff is my main hobby but I am also a football fan (watching it only, was never much good at playing it), I'm a fan of the mighty West Ham so am relieved they seem to be doing a bit better in their last few games

I have also been car mad since I could walk and talk, thats my late fathers fault as he was in the motor trade for most of his working life and worked at a local Ford Main Dealer for nearly thirty years, so I have always had an interest in anything Ford (and would still love a 3 litre Capri but Mrs Mack doesn't like them), but also an interest in other makes as well

I used to be Motorsport mad as well, but its getting a bit boring lately, F1 is pretty much the same year in year out as is World Rally, Moto GP is always worth watching as is the banger racing oops sorry I meant the British Touring Car Championship !!

West ham fan you say... I'm a norwich fan!! Poor defeat the other night, but a good win for you, I'm not too sure if we will be staying up this season or not...

I have to admit I've never really been into F1, I just don't find it that interesting but each to their own! My uncle however is mad about it!

Tom

Well you've got good taste as far as the Land Rover goes. :thumbs:  I drive a 1986 90 with a 2.8 Isuzu engine pepped up a bit. Do a bit of marshalling at rallies. Got my girls. Two Border Collies. A 1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500.

Whoa... Way to many :D

Wheel horse tractors

Rallying, I set up and Marshall big stages for international and wrc events

Music, I build synthesisers and make music

Model helicopters

Model cars, raced these for a long time, now I just play with rock crawlers and tanks

Mountain biking and trials riding

Diy building and joinery

Land rovers :D though I've done almost a year without one now after being born in one... My dad and brother still have them though.

:)

Well you've got good taste as far as the Land Rover goes. :thumbs:  I drive a 1986 90 with a 2.8 Isuzu engine pepped up a bit. Do a bit of marshalling at rallies. Got my girls. Two Border Collies. A 1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500.

I love them, how do you find the Isuzu engine? My dad drives a 1997 300tdi 90 and I couldn't fault, my dad uses it mainly for towing duties and boy does it tow well!

Some great, interseting hobbies you have guys, keep them coming, I love hearing about what other peoples hobbies are!

Tom

Hi Tom

My other hobbies when I get the time are shooting and fishing as I live on a farm, also don't laugh but I watch my footy team a lot but they have had a run of bad luck in the last five years. They did win today.

Portsmouth fc.

PLAY UP POMPEY.

Paul

post-95-0-67494700-1392496952_thumb.jpgAnd of course there's the President Paul..nice Avatar!

Here's two of my 'Other Likes' sorry about my 4x4 choice Stormin' but I've had a few of these over time AND many Land rovers too, but this is the best & only 4x4 van you can get for my uses!!post-95-0-24921900-1392497149_thumb.jpg

Nice post: I'm fan of the VW Split Bay window and T25 transporter. Myself I have got a T25 in a camper style, named JOker. This is a modeld with air cooled engine that I've rebuilt and modified. I had the opportunity to join english seller sites and I've found very nice people there as in Eurocarb or JustCampers.