ranger

what was this fitted to?

It's an Albion gearbox: 3 forward-1 reverse, belt input-chain output,clutch operated by hand lever,gear change by lever.I fell over this in the garage looking for some parts for Ian.[post-206-0-45226900-1407253830_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-24565000-1407253881_thumb.jpg=5048:P1020107.JPG]post-206-0-62781000-1407253963_thumb.jpg

post-206-0-79322800-1407253725_thumb.jpg

I see it's made by Albion, so it could be from a number of different machines. Gearbox/Clutch Unit is similar to the Motor Hoe unit by Colwood,

Sure an expert will spot this and give you the proper answer.    

The other interesting thing is the starter handle is not there. The shaft for that has been removed and blanked for this application. Suggests there was another way of starting the machine it came off?

definitely not colwood and if the colour is original it looks a bit like auto culto possible auto gardener or midgi culto ?

The Martin 3 wheeled little trucks used an Albion 3 speed box, the clutch pack was multi plate and was much thicker than pictured above.

I was going to use it for a Bonser style truck for the stables, but then I gave the axle away. After seeing the Villiers powered motorcycle: It looks to old to call it a motorbike, I wonder ????????

Brott ride on flail mower: just seen a youtube clip, it shows the gearbox with clutch lever on the 'gearstick', it's the same colour paint also.

mystery solved,next question-what to use it for?