slf-uk

The Rescue tractor

Hi,

My six year old son has a name for most of my tractors and I guess I do too on a bad day...

My Bolens HT23 is called Big White and unsurprisingly my D series Wheelhorses are called Big Red. One of my Westwood D1200 is called The Outback tractor because it lost it's storage and was left at the back of the house for ages. Many of the others have names too which only he can remember.

One of my favourite tractors is one of my Bolens H16's which is known as The Rescue tractor. This is the machine of choice for dragging broken tractors and cars to the workshop, mainly because it is very reliable and strong as an ox. Most of the time it is fitted with dual rear wheel weights which gives it amassing traction and a sleeve hitch operated by the hydraulics.

Do you have names for your tractors and if so are they any more unusual than the names mine have? 

A few pictures of The Rescue tractor having fun in winter and dragging home a broken Westwood D1200 and Wheelhorse D-200.

Iain

post-276-0-25645100-1408448942_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-51106100-1408449073_thumb.jpg

this one is called 'n oald'n(the old one) it's a '27 mc cormick deering 10-20

2dgvpqf.jpg

23wl16p.jpg

this one is 'n veervieftig(the four fifty) a '61 Farmall B450

358z8l1.jpg

that's about it, the other two (the horse and our cub) get called by theire type

Koen

Which beast Koen?  I sometimes call the 6x6 that but it's more of a "just in passing" name than a nick name..

Or are you talking about this beast? :D

TheBeast17.jpg