Tom

New additions to the collection

Hi all,

I purchased a barford atom the other week and collected today and got talking to the guy as you do and ended up coming home with two barford atoms, spare engine and loads of attachments!

2c5bd34e2901b33c26a306b21c780c7d.jpg

A nice full trailer load!

cdf29d813473c983a284e87778ccb3f8.jpg

There is a tool bar with loads of attachments such as cultivating tines, potato ridgers and lifters etc and also an adjustable plough which are getting harder and harder to come by! The little mechanical gardener I bought previously.

I would like to try and take one of them to a rally and test them out or just show them as they are very original pieces and I am very happy with them, one of them even has a belt guard!

Tom

Hi,

Thanks all for the comments! I really like these barfords, they are such cool and simple two wheeled tractors. Hopefully I can start to use some of the equipment so next year I can participate in some rallies!

Tom

I'd say you are well and truly addicted to collecting machines now Tom :D   Why buy one when two and some spares will do :lol:

Thanks for posting the pic's, don't forget to keep us updated on what your up to with them :thumbs:

Hi,

Yes Ian, I really am addicted! These little atoms are so cool. Today I changed the gearbox and engine oil, cleaned the carb and the oil bath cleaner, gave her a wash and put the cultivator on!

7b18dd1d58814dabfe245ae207caedc1.jpg

I do have one question, I don't want to paint it as I want to keep it original, should I spray it in oil or waxoyl or just leave it?? I'm just scared of it getting rusty!!

Tom

Hi guys,

I will stay well clear of waxoyl then, I will give it a wipe with an oily rag tomorrow, thanks very much for your help!

Tom

Tom,

I believe you are in Norfolk. If so are you going to the Dove auction tomorrow?

Iain

Hi Iain,

I have PM'd you!

Tom

Hi Tom

I have tried and testet Owatrol oil it is a air dried oil  see pics of my Clifford plough

post-117-0-51521900-1412693560_thumb.jpg

George S

PS seems dear at first but a little goes a long way the cap of an aerosol can filled painted my Clifford twice