The Fife Plooman

D200 Wheelhorse

Nice machine and it looks in good condition. I noticed a couple of things from the pictures that are very interesting.

I see a fixing has been put in the forward travel so that it is unable to travel at full speed. My D-160 came like that and I and I have always wondered why. I have left it in place as my seven year old did drive it before he could reach the peddles on other tractors and it is good to keep the speed down. It would be good to know why it was fitted.

I also noticed that the front wheels are four stud, presumably 4inch PCD. Both my D-160 and D-200 have hubs similar to a C-series and I have always thought it was a weak point on a heavy D-series. Do any of you WH experts know if this is a hub upgrade or standard on some D-200's.

It is good to see a D-200 with the standard seat complete with the armrests. It looks good with narrow chevrons, something I may do to my D-160 as the original tyres are on the last legs.

Iain

It is possible that the linkage just needs adjustment. An access hole is in the side panel below the motion lever and you just adjust the nut until it takes 16-20 lbs of force to move the lever. I needed to do this to both of my D-series and it made a big difference.

Hope this helps

Iain