Triumph66

Mold Board Plough

I have been offered this plough; it's 42" long. He used it on his Gutbrod 1050 but it was originally on a Bolens. I have been told it is a Brinly Plow; possibly an 8" or a 10".

What your view on its condition and usability? I know it's difficult to get Brinly Plows here but I thought I could salvage it and replace the shear and point.

Your feedback would be helpful.

Thanks.

post-259-0-18659700-1422807143_thumb.jpgpost-259-0-49405800-1422807338_thumb.jpg

I have to say I am tempted. Garde tractor plougha are hard to come by in my experience. I know a few of you lads got ploughs ; is this one basically sound? What sort of money do they go for?

Cheers

I have just seen George's response. Thanks.

Andrew,

I have a Brinly plow and it looks identical. It looks like someone has added some brackets and a wheel at the back which you will probably not need on a Bolens. It looks in good condition, go for it if the price is right. I think George is spot on for the price.

You will need a sleeve hitch attachment to fit it to the Bolens, however these are easy to make. My buddy in West Virginia did some plans for me, which he subsequently sent to someone else who posted them on the Internet and they have gone viral. If you don't have the tools to make one I am sure you can easily find someone do so from the plans. I will send you the plans.

Iain

I was lucky with my 12" moldboard, paid £300 for it and a snowplough, when a week later a snowplough sold for £800 :D

the 8" barford plough we modified was about £30 from a show

Just an update, after some haggling the plough is now mine. I got it for a reasonable price and both seller and I are happy with the deal. I will be collecting it in a few weeks. I will take some detailed photos of it. I will be interested to know how to set the plough up properly and how to maintain it as well.

Andrew,

Great news that you have bought the plough.

I found a picture of my Brinley plough which may help identify the changes that have been done to yours. Maybe we can both go to Scotland to learn about this ploughing stuff.

post-276-0-11099400-1423142198.jpg

copies shouldn't be to hard to make.

I shouldn't think things like that. Dimensions of all the component parts and cardboard template of the curved arms, flat bar and forge/gas bottles. Bingo! All you need then is the plough shares.

I shouldn't think things like that. Dimensions of all the component parts and cardboard template of the curved arms, flat bar and forge/gas bottles. Bingo! All you need then is the plough shares.

Sorry to resurrecting an old thread, but where could you get dimensions etc. for a 10in plough. Having problems finding one over in my part of the woods. If i had the information, making it would be the easy part.

Noel.