Tom

More goodies

Hi all,

First off I would like to say a big thank you to Nigel who has kept these bits for me as I couldn't get down South for a few weeks, so thank you Nigel!! I actually bought these implements around a month ago off of a guy who was selling some barford atom stuff to make room for other things. Anyway here are some pictures:

a88a5e82618caf279bab053df8ba6a4b.jpg

69cf06e0038b93c55c2611535292667f.jpg

d968fa2544f4d2e384c1a2ee1fdc75b4.jpg

7a7c6f49707f04a3197db139d48233a0.jpg

9e2f2386dc6c4f4c37cafb2fbd682189.jpg

Really happy with this haul, I've never seen a cylinder mower before and the discs are quite rare. Plus the cultivator frame is complete which again is quite rare as they are usually incomplete. Hopefully I can get some of it hooked up to my barford atoms soon and have a play!

Tom

Tom,

I saw these attachments on Monday when I visited Ian and Nigel to settle up on the Huffy Broad Lawn ride on. They look in really good condition though I didn't see the cylinder mower attachment.

As others have said, a good haul. Well done

Andrew

Thanks all for your great comments, I am very pleased with the attachments. I was speaking to Nigel and I am going to do my best to attend Rural past times so hopefully I can give some of these attachments a workout!

Tom

Tom,

I had another look at your attachments. It looks like it would be very easy to make a sleeve hitch adaptor to get that plough to fit a Wheelhorse. The plough looks very similar to a Brinly.

Iain

Tom , will you be able to adapt the reel mower to work on your wheel horse ..??

It had entered my mind Neil, it has an independent clutch so the only fabricating you would need to do is for the lift mechanism. I am still thinking as to how it could be fitted to the wheel horse without cutting and changing the cylinder mower as I still want to use it on my barford atoms.

Tom

Tom,

I had another look at your attachments. It looks like it would be very easy to make a sleeve hitch adaptor to get that plough to fit a Wheelhorse. The plough looks very similar to a Brinly.

Iain

I had also thought about doing this, the only thing that concerned me is that the plough sits quite high off of the ground, I have never seen a Brinly plough in person so I dont really know how high they sit either. Does anyone know roughly how high they sit off of the ground? The cultivator on the other hand would be easy to fit on a wheel horse as it has a frame on top with a lever which enables you to bring the cultivating tines off of the ground and just tow it.

Tom

Edited by Tom

Hi Iain,

If you do get a chance to measure it that would be great, if not I will pop round soon anyway, I can also have a peek at your digger and all your tractors!

Tom

A very nice haul Tom, had the reel mower been a bit wider I might of whisked it away to install on a Wh :lol::D

Sorry I couldn't make it to the workshop Saturday, it would of been cool to catch up with you again..

Thanks Ian, it is a cool bit of kit I have to admit :D It certainly would have been nice, hopefully see you in the summer at some shows!

Tom