Darmic1

ORLine Power Tools

I finally managed to get some Garage time to reassemble the 2 models acquired from 'Wallfish' and the USofA. The first is an ORLine Mustang Chainsaw, the other is an ORLine Hedge trimmer. Both will be restored in the fullness of time, but for now they are reassembled and will be tested over the next couple of days. Here are a couple of picture of them........

post-106-0-03843800-1428358485_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-97239700-1428358502_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-05353400-1428358520_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-10502000-1428358540_thumb.jpg

A couple of good projects there. I really like those little engines and the variety of equipment they were fitted to. 

They are the sort of machines that you can sneak a few bits indoors to work on :thumbs: .

Also good to have links in US for parts.

Thanks! But Im starting to dislike these little engines.

I wish they would just run..... Spent a large part of the day trying to get them to do more than cough and splutter. Have fuel, have spark, both are getting fuel to the plug...... But they just wont start!

The Ohlsson Rice 3/4hp I have is almost as bad. It has had a complete rebuild, new barrel, piston, carb, coil, full set of seals and gaskets. More TLC than I care to remember, countless evenings where I've given up..... It too has spark and fuel, it starts, runs for 20-30 seconds then stops. No matter where I set the mix, its the same.

Expensive and Unusual paperweights spring to mind!!!

your starting woes i can relate to with my howard gem 180 twin..at least you wont have a bad back/ arm/shoulder  from trying to crank it over!! !(it did eventually start on the 1000th attempt with the rocker cover gasket leaking heavily !!)

Glad to see you got them back together! The PM I sent should help with how to get them going.

How fun was the gearbox for the trimmer? First one I did was a pain because those little rollers kept falling out.

Hey Darmic1 .....

I just got back from the car show in Carlisle PA and I bought an O&R engine
But i have no idea what it was for because it's just the engine. I've scoured 
the internet and the only one that looks like mine is that white cased chainsaw
you have. Could you give me the specs on that or any info? Honestly it doesn't 
even say if mine is a 3/4 or 1hp. All it says is "refer to # 745".  I lubed it up and 
cleaned it, but it probably needs a headgasket and diaphragm like they all do.

IMG 1843

IMG 1842

IMG 1841

IMG 1839

IMG 1838

:WMOM:

I would have seen this quicker if posted in the O&R section

Very hard to tell what the original application was but if the recoil is original to the engine, it was from a Sears chainsaw. The recoil decal is set at an angle for a chainsaw application.

Going by the newer style coil, it's probably a 1hp engine.