Tom

Wheel horse plough

Hi all,

With the recent sale of the Brinly plough for over £600 and having no luck finding one and after seeing Marks amazing adaptation of a Barford atom plough I set about adapting a spare Barford atom plough I had. I only have a slot hitch at the moment so I adapted it to suit a slot hitch but no welding or modification was made to the plough I just used the original bolt holes which means it can be reverted back to a plough for a Barford atom or even changed for a sleeve hitch. I cut a part out of some 8" box section we had to make the L-shaped bracket and then used a piece off of an old forklift carriage for the bar which will go in the slot hitch and be welded to the underside of the L-shaped bracket. It's currently only G-clamped.

photo%2023.jpg

I will cut the bracket down so there is no risk of it hitting the fender and so the adjustment lever has enough space to move.

photo%2021.jpg

photo%2019.jpg

photo%2022.jpg

photo%2020.jpg

Tom

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the positive comments. I can't wait to test it and hope the geometry of it works out OK. There is a fair bit of adjustment on the plough itself so I am hopeful. Keep watching as there is more to come soon :)

Tom