sten

British Anzani Easimow

Its very unstable to use, you have to lean into a corner or it would chuck you off :)

I second that, I've got a slightly earlier version with a chain start JAP and on the couple of ocaisions that I've attempted to use it I've ended up abandoning ship and running beside it!

What width cut is yours , it looks wider than mine which, I think, is sixteen inch but it's buried at the back of the shed at the moment.

You refer to it as British Anzani; I may be wrong but I believe that the "tubular version" was originally made by a company called Ranger in West Sussex who later sold the design to British Anzani who redesigned it with the more often seen streamlined pressed steel backbone.

Edit

Just found this which explains all -

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/mowers/moms/mp046-british-anzani-easimow-lawnrider

Edited by Wristpin

I second that, I've got a slightly earlier version with a chain start JAP and on the couple of ocaisions that I've attempted to use it I've ended up abandoning ship and running beside it!

What width cut is yours , it looks wider than mine which, I think, is sixteen inch but it's buried at the back of the shed at the moment.

You refer to it as British Anzani; I may be wrong but I believe that the "tubular version" was originally made by a company called Ranger in West Sussex who later sold the design to British Anzani who redesigned it with the more often seen streamlined pressed steel backbone.

Edit

Just found this which explains all -

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/mowers/moms/mp046-british-anzani-easimow-lawnrider

It is a 24 inch cut, yes mine was made by Anzani.

post-204-0-71051300-1429429650_thumb.jpg

I've not seen one of those before, very nice.. Is the roller split into 3? I've never seen that on anything before!

Yes the roller is split into 3, don't know why though

Vlliers MK 25C 2 stroke engine

Are you sure?

I have had 3 of these over the years & they all had JAP engines

Great looking machines though

Are you sure?

I have had 3 of these over the years & they all had JAP engines

Great looking machines though

Yes I'm sure it's a Villiers.

The front wheel drive concept used in the Easimow reappeared briefly in the early 90s in the Dynamow which was the "in

retirement "project of Dennis Selby of Shay and Mountfield fame. On paper the Dynamow had a lot going for it; very manoeuvrable, hydrostatic drive, a rotary deck with grass collection and a rear roller for stripes. In practice things were not so good.

The first (and last) one I sold went to a chap with a smallish flat garden in a particularly dry spring and the man was well pleased with it. However, the dry spring was followed by a wet June and that front wheel lost traction and dug trenches in his lawn! We ended up taking it back in exchange for an Atco 24 and trailer seat and disposing of it at auction.

Can't help wondering whether the design of the Dynamow was not influenced to some extent by the Easimow?