expeatfarmer

New addition to the fleet

My MG40N arrived from France on Saturday evening ticking one more box on my model list only two or maybe three more to complete the set, wheeled itw, skimmer and an English spec MG40 with Sachs engine and bonnet. If anyone has any leads on any of the missing three I would be very grateful. The MG40N was built by Ransomes specifically for the French market, this one is fitted with a pto driven hydraulic pump to raise and lower the implement crane which the French seem to prefer over three point linkage. The drawbar is much heavier than UK spec. and it is also fitted with a NATO hitch. The engine starts and runs well, steering brakes a bit iffy and it needs a jolly good clean but apart from that I am well pleased. I even managed to buy an original French Sales brochure for this model on E bay France last week.post-292-0-05845100-1430762246_thumb.jpgpost-292-0-04619100-1430762287_thumb.jpgpost-292-0-59726600-1430762316_thumb.jpgpost-292-0-28789500-1430762345_thumb.jpg

yes the later MG40 range had the option of a bonnet, I have a petrol, a Drayton Diesel, a Sachs diesel and another petrol all with bonnets and all the bonnets are different.