gallery_588_33_515263.jpg

gallery_588_33_538196.jpg

gallery_588_33_1015214.jpg

gallery_588_33_1479205.jpg

Down on two wheels ....

gallery_588_33_121294.jpg

Right side spring loaded brake handle serves as throttle:

gallery_588_33_11582.jpg

Very Nice, looks great! Engine sounds good too.

Throttle control engines can be difficult to get the carb adjustment dialed in. There's a fine line between idling correctly and starting easy. Some are more difficult than others  and some dial right in.

Where's the video of driving it?

Where's the video of driving it?

Thanks guys...

I do have a video of my son riding it...we been holding off posting it because we are still trying different sprocket ratios and have a new clutch on order and we think we can get it better than it is.

It goes forward when you hit the gas but it's not going to break any land speed records lol. 

Play2.jpg

Actually it's pretty much what we had expected...something just under 20 mph, maybe 16 or 17 mph. That's not bad considering most O&R Tom Thumbs only run about 10 mph. Might be able to find another couple mile an hour by tweaking the ratios...but 1HP is still 1HP and there's just so much your going to get out of that engine. It also doesn't help that he's 6'3" and 180 lbs. If you put an 80 lb kid on this thing I think it would easily run 20 mph.

We only had time for one quick test ride and he had to hop a flight back to school. I'll send the bike out to him and he can fool around with it some more in his spare time. 

Overall I would call it a success and we had some fun working on it. He's already planning a scratch built bike with more HP for the next project. 

I will post an update with the new clutch and sprocket ratios installed.