HeadExam

Wheel Horse D-160 Front Hubs/Wheels/Tyres

Things are going slow, I spend more time at the Veterans Hospital than I do at at home and they don't know a spanner from a spudger. I ordered cast iron Dexter Hubs for a small trailer to replace the stock wheel bearing, 30.00 each delivered, and they allow as short as a 4-1/8" spindle. I went with the 12 inch rims as I am going with the 30x10-12's (another story) and installed the tyres measure 21 inches tall which is about three inches taller than the 18x8.50-8 turf tire that was on there. Using the wheel bearings and taller tyres will not only give me easier steering, but greater ground clearance for the garden work. I am keeping the lower part of the Onan powered D-160 dash as it has an electric clutch switch in it which I will use when I take off the manual clutch from this D-160 and install my electric clutch I have sitting on the shelf. BTW, ONLY the Onan powered D-160 had an electric clutch, all other D series, single and twin cylinders, were manual clutches.

Bad news on the  30x10-12, I received one, but not two tyres, the unnamed company (CHAPARRAL MOTOR SPORTS) refused to communicate with eBay about sending the second tyre so eBay told me to send it back with a prepaid label they supplied and they would refund the entire amount this Monday or Tuesday. My communication with the hemp heads at the unnamed company ( CHAPARRAL MOTOR SPORTS) was fruitless. Although they admitted that UPS had not picked up the other tyre, they were supposed to pick it up, so I would have to wait until they settled the dispute with UPS, (who never had the second tyre), before they would send me another. When I called the young man at the unnamed company (CHAPARRAL MOTOR SPORTS) "doode" he hung up on me, I am going to send him a hurt feeling report so he can fill it out and make a complaint.

post-384-0-91244200-1457226512_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-05287900-1457226519_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-77457300-1457226524_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-92798000-1457226530_thumb.jpg

Alain,

Those Tri ribs looks the DBs. That's a bugger about the suppliers messing you around but I am sure it will be resolved one way or the other.

Cheers

Edited by Triumph66

I'm going to run a 30x10-12. because I cannot get a AG tyre in 27x8.50-15 (I can, but I do not like tru-powers as they are pulling tyres not AGs, not a fan of pulling or pulling tyres) , I can get a 27x 6.90-15 AG tyre but I want something wide enough for the tractor, those are implement and walk behind tyres. BTW there were no 24x12-12 tyres on these machines, there were 26x12-12 turf or AG options, but with these taller front tyres I need more height in the back and even a 27" tall tire would leave it down in back, the rear tyre needed to be 29 or 30" tall. I could have gone as much as 31", but I wanted more clearance around the fender. The tyre height ratio from front to rear stays almost the same as stock, 8" inches taller rear tyre than front tyre with stock 18x8.50-8 fronts and 26x12-12 rear tyres, there is a 9 inch difference front to rear with the 21" tall fronts and 30" tall rear AGs. 

post-384-0-24420200-1457264375_thumb.jpg

Alain. That's a strange looking friend you have in the second photo.  Apart from the plastic bag ? :dunno:  clothing, he is only wearing one sock and his feet point in different directions. :omg:  I'm off to :hide: now.

Alain. That's a strange looking friend you have in the second photo.  Apart from the plastic bag ? :dunno:  clothing, he is only wearing one sock and his feet point in different directions. :omg:  I'm off to :hide: now.

Yes, that odd fellow is Mr. D.R. ILL Press, he not exactly a clothes horse or a fashion hound