Alan

The Showman has been playing again.

Nice to see Chris again today.  After staying away he came back for another play and had a great day. :) OK, I'm not the best poet. :(

After an earlier than usual cuppa,  we decided to drag two of John's Marina's from out from the barn lean to, their home for the last ten years.  As the ground was still wet and muddy, plus an upward incline to contend with, the digger was used which gave Chris the chance to perfect his lever twiddling skills.  He's getting good at this and is trying to think of a way to tell Pam that he needs a digger as a playmate for his horses.

The first car out was the estate which was towed around to John's garage so that it's soon to be new owner could work on it in comfort. A few bits had been removed from the engine.

post-385-0-98603600-1457478090_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-71535900-1457478178_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-60386800-1457478248_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-20220600-1457478309_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-73086600-1457478390_thumb.jpg

Eagle eyed viewers might spot a well known red van in the background.

The difficult part was getting the car up and over the step at the garage entrance.  Bits of wood as a ramp didn't help much, combined with rough ground, sticking brakes and not enough muscle power.  A rethink was needed and the end result caused Chris to say  "That's the first time I've got a car into a garage through a window". :rolleyes:   How ?  Various ropes and chains from the car, across the garage, through a window at the rear of the garage, then attached to the digger.  Problem solved.

The second car was a lot easier.  Not so far to go this time.   The digger to start with, then pulled / pushed into the shed.  This one could have been driven if a suitable battery had been available.

post-385-0-40402000-1457478464_thumb.jpg

Rounded off the day by loading the Sprinter with wood for Chris's fire plus a final cuppa.  Got to keep the old boy warm.

Good photos Alan, it was a job that we've been talking about for a while. The red car i had running a few weeks ago that ran very well and on the fuel that was in it !!!.

Its only got 17 k on the speedo but i dont know if thats right.

In all a very constructive day with plenty of tea and good banter.

Thanks to John and Alan for an enjoyable day

I see in the third photo, he's having a look to see if there's anything he's missed. :D

He's ALWAYS looking to see what he's missed Norm.  Still hoping he'll find more red bits.

Looks like you had a great day and it is good to see the cars out in the daylight

He's ALWAYS looking to see what he's missed Norm.  Still hoping he'll find more red bits.

You know who to call if you find any white bits :)

Iain

Looks like you had a great day and it is good to see the cars out in the daylight

You know who to call if you find any white bits :)

Iain

Got an old scrap WHITE Marina Iain. Any good to you. ? :D

I forgot to look for white bits, I found some red bits but they had royal mail stamped on them

My Morris 100 LCV van is an ex GPO van. What sort of stuff are these Royal Mail items?

The two Morrises look great and I hope someone will give them a new home.that yellow is so retro!

Cheers

My Morris 1000 LCV van is an ex GPO van. What sort of stuff are these Royal Mail items?

The two Morrises look great and I hope someone will give them a new home.that yellow is so retro!

Cheers

]My Morris 1000 LCV van is an ex GPO van. What sort of stuff are these Royal Mail items?

Cheers

Triumph66, on 10 Mar 2016 - 7:33 PM, said:snapback.png

My Morris 1000 LCV van is an ex GPO van. What sort of stuff are these Royal Mail items?
Cheers

Nothing exciting Andrew.  3 or 4 pieces of box section steel.  2 x 1 about 24" long approx with Royal Mail in gold lettering.  No idea what they were from or how John came by them.  The Showman didn't show any interest even though they were red. :(

Triumph66, on 10 Mar 2016 - 7:33 PM, said:snapback.png

Nothing exciting Andrew. 3 or 4 pieces of box section steel. 2 x 1 about 24" long approx with Royal Mail in gold lettering. No idea what they were from or how John came by them. The Showman didn't show any interest even though they were red. :(

Get some Gold paint and rewrite them with 'Wheel Horse' to make it exciting for Chris. Having said that, it probably be no more exciting than Royal Mail..... :)

Mind you if it got Cub Cadet or Bolens then it will be very exciting and interesting...,, :)

If I come across them again Norm i'll put them in the van for ya

What a short memory he has Norm. He saw them only two days ago.  :rolleyes:  Looks like I will have to show him as I know EXACTLY where they are. He might start remembering things when he gets to my age.  :D