Sign in to follow this  
Triumph66

Been a busy Bolens Week......

Well it been a busy week with one thing or another. First I picked up the Bolens H16 in Cornwall, then on Thursday I picked up a Wisconsin engine for Chris in Dorset and then today I picked up a Bolens 600 with implements in Devon. Absolutely shattered with all this  travelling coupled with holding down my work load and balancing time with the family. Now relaxing with a glass of red wine or two. :)

i was was alerted to its existence thanks to Nick, aka wurzel. Chris also texted me enquiring whereabouts was Tiverton. I replied it was a 40 minutes run from me. A deal was worked out between Chris and I. I won the auction after some buttock clenching moments at the end. The deal is that Chris will have the 600 whilst I have the attachments comprising of Brinly plough with sleeve hitch, tiller and cultivator. 

The 600 been repowered with a Honda but unfortunately the bonnet been hacked on one side to shoe horn the engine in ( or rather dumped in there). It's a great little beast with character. 600 attachments and fittings are as rare as hen's teeth which is why I went for it. My plan is to clean the plough and treat it with Owatrol and the actual moldboard will be cleaned up and oiled to reduce rusting.

A good week Bolens wise but back to normality on Monday with up the usual routine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

nice find, i missed that one, id have bid just for the plough! but it was probably way out of my price range anyhow! so i shan't lose any sleep, plus its good to know it went to someone local, Devon pride and all that! 

Great haul Andrew. Both 600's and H16's are the hardest and most desirable tube frame tractors and you have managed to bag one of each in the same week, your the man! This would be a good time to buy a lottery ticket.

It is great that you are helping out the Bolens family too by supporting Chris.

Iain

10 hours ago, slf-uk said:

Great haul Andrew. Both 600's and H16's are the hardest and most desirable tube frame tractors and you have managed to bag one of each in the same week, your the man! This would be a good time to buy a lottery ticket.

It is great that you are helping out the Bolens family too by supporting Chris.

Iain

Thanks Iain; it been an enjoyable week and I am glad to return the favour to Chris. I now need to spend a bit of time on the H16 to

assess it. 

Thanks for collecting the engine for me Andrew.

I have a plan for that Honda engine. The 600 will some how be put back how should be when it happens

I think the 600 was originally powered by a B&S ? So not sure how easy/hard that would be to find. It's a great little tractor too and I think anew  peice of metal could be frabicated and welded in place to return the shape of the bonnet. I love the style of the round hood Bolens.

I will have a look at your Wisconsin this week to see if there is a pulley on it.

Cheers.