madmatt01

another little purchase..

Managed to sort the gear crunching.... the foot pedal wasn't engaging quite enough. 

The transmission whine... will that kind off is what it is.. anyone to stop it? 

Silly question I expect.... where is the clutch? And easiest way to check 

Drain the transmission and give it a clean and refill with new oil. Apparently a certain amount of whining is the norm. Use API GL1 oil for the tranny due to the yellow metals in the transmission.

image.jpeg

Owner contacted me today... he has found some paper work for the bolens and is sending it down. I think it's just a manual as he said he had a friend in America who sent him one across but who know what goodies may turn up 

Little bit smokey at times, but I can investigate that. 

Yes he loves it and it doesn't bother him in the slightest. 

Looking forward to sorting the wheels Wednesday and then showing Saturday.  Decided on the fordingbridge summer festival. A bit more relaxed with the new baby and only 5 mins away. 

From the many posts you can tell I quite love it... also was chufed it started on the second pull but my god I must get the starter bolted on and wired up 

Matt, that's just great having the background info and the manuals. I just dig that kind of info. It's all part of the history of the 853. Have you told the previous seller you got it up and running?