wurzel

Bolens Tiller and Wieghts

3 minutes ago, wurzel said:

Guy i got from said his mate was a Bolens dealer back in the 80s was virtually giving the stuff away he was offered 2 snowblowers got some price lists as well il put them up in a bit

:thumbs: 

I found an nice kit like this with the optional belt powered side discharge grass collector on A ST140 for 300.00 and my friend thought it was to much money. A guy in the next town over bought and sold it a week later for 900.00.. This is a great mower for a small plot, excellent that got a tiller with it!

17 hours ago, HeadExam said:

I found an nice kit like this with the optional belt powered side discharge grass collector on A ST140 for 300.00 and my friend thought it was to much money. A guy in the next town over bought and sold it a week later for 900.00.. This is a great mower for a small plot, excellent that got a tiller with it!

Yes i love the STs ive got five of them 2 st120, 2 st140 and a st160 only got 2 decks a sweeper  and a tiller for them though the hydros are realy nice to use and they have a very tight turning circle .

17 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Please post some pictures of the wheel weights. Thanks, Alain

Hi Alain i can only post 64k pics here ive put some pics of the wieghts and some old price lists on gtt as wurzel /bolens tiller

On 8/10/2016 at 11:37 PM, HeadExam said:

the guy i bought the tiller had an st160 with the belt powered side mulcher fitted was in nice condition but he uses it  so not for sale he had a bolens dump cart that he nearly sold me but then he decided it was to useful shame

5 minutes ago, wurzel said:

Hi Alain i can only post 64k pics here ive put some pics of the wieghts and some old price lists on gtt as wurzel /bolens tiller

Thanks, I found the post, are those weights, and your wheels the same size as the 12" bolt on wheels on the GTs, or are these weights smaller? I want a red Bolens dump cart BAD!

39 minutes ago, HeadExam said:

Thanks, I found the post, are those weights, and your wheels the same size as the 12" bolt on wheels on the GTs, or are these weights smaller? I want a red Bolens dump cart BAD!

the dump cart was same colour as the tiller  these weights fit the ST rear wheels on the outside and they fit  GTs ,tube frames, QTs and XLs on the inside

Edited by wurzel
error

8 minutes ago, HeadExam said:

the price list that came with the tiller i put on gtt lists a dump cart at £165.96 duratrac rear weights £72.34 and the DGT1700 that ive got at £4761.70

21 minutes ago, HeadExam said:

just came across a pic of a duratrac with similar weights il offer them up tomorrow to see if they fit ive got 2 pairs

2 hours ago, HeadExam said:

yes the wheel wieghts fit all tube frames GTs XLs QTs and duratrac  they fit outside on STs inside on the rest ive put some more pics on gtt

2 hours ago, Triumph66 said:

Worth every penny in my books :-)

There is a man I know that used to be a Bolens dealer in the 70's and 80's and he has two Quonset huts full of Bolens tractors and parts. He says he will sell things, but when you come with a truck or trailer, he is not ready to part with anything. It's been 5 years, and still have never got him to let go of anything. 

13 hours ago, HeadExam said:

There is a man I know that used to be a Bolens dealer in the 70's and 80's and he has two Quonset huts full of Bolens tractors and parts. He says he will sell things, but when you come with a truck or trailer, he is not ready to part with anything. It's been 5 years, and still have never got him to let go of anything. 

you need to break the ice like they do in american pickers

1 hour ago, wurzel said:

you need to break the ice like they do in american pickers

That show, like most American reality shows, is a huge farce. The producers stage 90 percent of the dealings on that show by negotiations prior to the taping. I break the ice as well as anyone, in 5 years I have found this man old Bolens tractors he wanted, an OH160 engine for his wife's tilling tractor, and mountains of technical manuals he had lost or were destroyed from his days as a dealer. Some people are self centered where they actually believe the world revolves around them, he is one. This guy has four 100 foot barns full of stuff, ten 53" foot semi trailer cargo units full, and still refuses to budge on anything. I don't have a problem with that, but he constantly asks people to do things for him by promising to let them in on some deals they want, but he never comes through. I keep telling people it wont happen, but many still bow and curtsy to him for the hope of a tiller or tractor. One day he will pass and there will be an auction, most stuff will bring scrap pricing. I won't be there, he has nothing I need or want anymore, I went out and found it elsewhere. It is what it is, and you reap what you sow. I don't feel bad for helping this man, I would do it again for another, but not him, not again. There are quite a few guys (couple from GTT) that I have either given stuff to or priced very, very low, because I believe it's the right thing to do, but these things must be a two way street.