Stormin

New one on me.

This morning I've done something I've never done before. Heard the widow across the green dogs barking. Collie/Jack Russell crosses.  Looking over, I could see her and her neighbour around some bushes and trees, at the corner of her property by the gate leading into a field. I watched for a while then thought I'd better go over.

The dogs had chased a cat, of which there are too many round here. Feral and domestic. The cat had climbed a tree and the dogs had climbed after it. :o One had not gone far and got down it's self. The other had gone further up and couldn't get down. So me being me, climbed up after it and eventually manage to grab it's collar. On the way down the dog slipped it's collar and gravity took over. There was a thud and yelp as it reached terra firma. You can imagine the reaction of the women. :rolleyes: I gave the dog a once over and it's ok.

I've got cats out of trees and off roofs, but never a dog. I would have loved to see how it did it.

3 hours ago, Stormin said:

This morning I've done something I've never done before. Heard the widow across the green dogs barking. Collie/Jack Russell crosses.  Looking over, I could see her and her neighbour around some bushes and trees, at the corner of her property by the gate leading into a field. I watched for a while then thought I'd better go over.

The dogs had chased a cat, of which there are too many round here. Feral and domestic. The cat had climbed a tree and the dogs had climbed after it. :o One had not gone far and got down it's self. The other had gone further up and couldn't get down. So me being me, climbed up after it and eventually manage to grab it's collar. On the way down the dog slipped it's collar and gravity took over. There was a thud and yelp as it reached terra firma. You can imagine the reaction of the women. :rolleyes: I gave the dog a once over and it's ok.

I've got cats out of trees and off roofs, but never a dog. I would have loved to see how it did it.

Still climbing trees? Me too, although in this case I might have used a water hose, lol