slf-uk

My Land Rover 90

Last October I bought a 1984 Land Rover 90 from a friend of the family. It has been used on his farm for well over 20 years, is totally original and had been sitting in a barn unused for over a year. I have not had much workshop time over the last year so it has taken a while to do the chassis welding and sort the other issues. Can't be too many original 90's left.

On Friday I put it in for an MOT and it passed with no advisories :) For some reason the MOT man liked my work and asked if I wanted a job. Not for me, but good to receive the complement and good that he is happy. 

I had to take some pictures for the insurance company and someone jumped in while I was taking the other pictures. For some reason Joseph thinks the 90 is his and is asking all sorts of questions about running cost. It is his birthday tomorrow so while he thinks it is already his, he will not be disappointed to not have it as a present.

Iain

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

9 minutes ago, Alan said:

Bit risky showing it off on MoM Iain.  The Showman will want it as it's his favourite colour.  A little brother for his Sprinter.

At least the roof is the right colour :) I need one of those "beware horses" decals for the back from The Showman

Iain

That's a very tidy and straight Landy Joseph! :thumbs:;) Wish my Dad bought me a landy when I was your age......

I think Alan's right about the colour and the Showman's  love of the RED, I think Bolens White would be more appropriate Iain. 

14 minutes ago, Triumph66 said:

That's a very tidy and straight Landy Joseph! :thumbs:;) Wish my Dad bought me a landy when I was your age......

I think Alan's right about the colour and the Showman's  love of the RED, I think Bolens White would be more appropriate Iain. 

RED, white.  WHITE, red.  Sounds like you are just trying to confuse Joseph. :confused:  Paint it green to match his overalls.

8 minutes ago, Alan said:

RED, white.  WHITE, red.  Sounds like you are just trying to confuse Joseph. :confused:  Paint it green to match his overalls.

The important thing is that white is on the top, much like white tractors B):)

Some friends in Canada asked for a video walk around of our Land Rover 90 so I made a quick video. When it came to driving it, I had a huge surprise as dad said it was time for my first driving lesson

I still miss mine at times. The Disco just doesn't have the character of Bryan. That was my 90's name.

Don't know if you've seen the new model Defender, Joseph. Not a patch on the real Land Rover 90. You take good care of yours.

14 hours ago, Stormin said:

I still miss mine at times. The Disco just doesn't have the character of Bryan. That was my 90's name.

Don't know if you've seen the new model Defender, Joseph. Not a patch on the real Land Rover 90. You take good care of yours.

The Land Rover has great character. I have seen the reviews of the new model and I guess it does not look too bad but I think all the sensors and cameras will get torn off the first hedge someone drives through

6 hours ago, HeadExam said:

You look right at home and the Landy suits you well. It will take many many miles to remove the emmi-permanent smile and grin.

I love it and I think the smile is permanent