Aquabug

Aquabug surprise!

5 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

I have a sheet of material and just need to send it to be lasered into little diaphragms.

Me either, LoL.

You got hooked up!

Yes I did!

10 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

Ive got a few valve Assembly's Ill will get he one.  John I was going to get with you on a few diaphragms  i'm

getting in the Rhythm on getting this things going. Only about 15 to go!! 

:sorry:I'll get him one

So, you have him covered?

Well then... we will just have to get some more diaphragms cut:hyper:

23 minutes ago, DCM said:

Okay, I honestly didn`t expect all these replies.

See- these guys are awesome! 

16 hours ago, DCM said:

Okay, I honestly didn`t expect all these replies.

I'm a bit surprised too, these little engines must be getting more popular. :)

Looks like your sorted for a needle valve, have a look at the carb thread to check if any other parts are missing, note that most carbs use a check ball (in two sizes) & some later ones have a rubber seal on the diaphragm arm.

David

18 hours ago, CNew said:

It’s funny and also sad- I bought a NOS needle valve a few months back on eBay but it ended up puncturing a hole in the envelope and getting lost during shipping. All I got was an empty damaged envelop. That was a royal bummer!

I've had a couple of empty paper envelopes too, thankfully only modern stuff that was easily replaced.

It's also annoying how some people can't be bothered to pack larger items properly, I've lost count of the number of things that have arrived damaged as a result, you shouldn't have to remind sellers how to pack properly. :banghead:

David

Most of the damaged items I've received are heavy vintage electronics (way off topic) not O&R's, but the point is still valid.

I would also like to not thank the customs folk here in the UK for adding a scratch to the blower housing of what was a nice condition early O&R. :banghead:

David

19 hours ago, DCM said:

Edit by Factory: It's best to send personal details such as addresses/phone numbers etc. using private messages (PM), this can be found using the letter symbol at the top of the page if using a PC, or in the menu (three bars) if using a tablet/phone.

Yes, thanks, I agree. I was Skeptical, but I am still learning how to navigate this site.

23 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Nice unit looks great!!  I have pic of my outboard it only has a screen and a small cover to hold it on .

Most outboards and snow blower today don't have much for filter there is usually not a lot of dirt.

IMG_2234[1].JPG

It's surprising how many people ask for filters where they weren't fitted, also filter foam (and other foam) in a damp environment will attract water & cause rusting or corrosion.

Have you got the cover & tank for that Aquabug? Most seem to be missing these, but I could just about see what looks like the support for the tank, see the picture below (sorry it's poor quality, old ebay pic).

a2c.jpg.c5cbfaa5354827732b56299df9d682f3.jpg

David

19 hours ago, CNew said:

Well then... we will just have to get some more diaphragms cut:hyper:

See- these guys are awesome! 

Agreed!

The more people that can help with new carb diaphragms the better :thumbs:, Wallfish was kind to send me a small stock of them to help the O&R collectors in Europe. :)

22 minutes ago, DCM said:
19 hours ago, DCM said:

Edit by Factory: It's best to send personal details such as addresses/phone numbers etc. using private messages (PM), this can be found using the letter symbol at the top of the page if using a PC, or in the menu (three bars) if using a tablet/phone.

Yes, thanks, I agree. I was Skeptical, but I am still learning how to navigate this site.

I have been removing contact details from view as I find them, so far I've only had one member re-add them (which they are welcome to do), if anyone spots any contact details we have missed in older posts please let any of the Mods know.

I don't usually log in with my phone but I thought I would to see how it the PM works on those, I prefer using my PC with keyboard over the phone touchscreen for typing.

David

6 hours ago, factory said:

I'm a bit surprised too, these little engines must be getting more popular. :)

Looks like your sorted for a needle valve, have a look at the carb thread to check if any other parts are missing, note that most carbs use a check ball (in two sizes) & some later ones have a rubber seal on the diaphragm arm.

David

Great, this will come in handy when I get into this project. Thanks

I have a few coming but when you get moved let me know and ill go in with you.

Ill need more at some point got a lot of units that need to be done.

Here 5 that need to be done.

IMG_2981[1].JPG

15 hours ago, factory said:

It's surprising how many people ask for filters where they weren't fitted, also filter foam (and other foam) in a damp environment will attract water & cause rusting or corrosion.

Have you got the cover & tank for that Aquabug? Most seem to be missing these, but I could just about see what looks like the support for the tank, see the picture below (sorry it's poor quality, old ebay pic).

a2c.jpg.c5cbfaa5354827732b56299df9d682f3.jpg

David

No That's all I have was going to put a round metal Tank on it.

1 hour ago, JUST O&R said:

IMG_2981[1].JPG

Wow-those are some nice finds! Is that a Meier chainsaw?  The cutoff saw is pretty rare too!  

3 hours ago, CNew said:
4 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

IMG_2981[1].JPG

Wow-those are some nice finds! Is that a Meier chainsaw?

It's not a Meier chainsaw, it could be a later Chip-A-Saw (also branded as Paul Bunyan), see the linked thread, post #16 has some pictures of the Chip-A-Saw version;

David

Nice, that was my second guess. I’ve been dreaming about a Chip a Saw for a long time, especially after missing the last one that came up on eBay.  

Your’s looks to be in great shape!

Yes it's a chip-a-saw got it off ebay last year hope I didn't out bid you.  $37.50 no one bid on it was missing the recoil

but I though that was a good price.  ( was in a strange place on ebay)

it's been nice the last two week I finally have time to work on this things.

1 hour ago, CNew said:

Nice, that was my second guess. I’ve been dreaming about a Chip a Saw for a long time, especially after missing the last one that came up on eBay.  

Your’s looks to be in great shape!

The chainsaw pictured in post #3 was one of a pair I imported (they were sold together & it worked out quite well with the shipping), Paul now has that one, neither of them had any decals.

David

48 minutes ago, factory said:

The chainsaw pictured in post #3 was one of a pair I imported (they were sold together & it worked out quite well with the shipping), Paul now has that one, neither of them had any decals.

David

This one ?

Decals from Titch at Machinery Decals

Paul

P3020002.JPG

P3020003.JPG

P3020004.JPG

P3020005.JPG

Yes that's the one Paul, the other is still awaiting restoration, thanks for the reminder about the decals. :thumbs:

Speaking of decals here are a couple of pictures I took of the Aquabug decals to help Paul, they should be useful if other people need to have some made too.

SAM_5337a.jpg.0124670dbe8dab1b5cf906bf512f2338.jpg

SAM_5332a.jpg.b3a52658ae81e29b6f57dfbb343f1fa2.jpg

SAM_5334a.jpg.1cc0635dbf37aa6ca34563937395598c.jpg

David

Finally getting a chance to open up my Aquabug. Recall when I bought it the recoil was spring from being yanked too hard. I think it just needs a good cleaning and re-assembly. Now that I have the cover off I’m starting to think this engine may not have been used much, if at all. It certainly doesn’t look as though it’s ever been worked on. It needs some cleaning but it looks to be in really great shape.  The gas tank doesn’t have any odor whatsoever and is about as clean as it could be, makes me wonder if it’s ever even been gassed up.  I should probably Pull the flywheel to clean and adjust the points while I’m at it but I kind of hate to do anything to it but clean it up. It even still has the oil sticker on the prop housing. I would suspect that would have been long gone if it had been used much.

E6B5AE00-C0EE-47EC-BB45-D3FD81B4696F.jpeg

9106038D-11DC-48D8-A1CE-D7D4437BBC5B.jpeg

4C6DD860-E83A-4886-8298-857927578DDE.jpeg