Sign in to follow this  
Fix'em all

Westwood Gemini belt

Can anybody help with the correct size belt for a Westwood Gemini with the original Suffolk engine. I just assumed it would be the same as the Flymo DM & bought an A20 but it is just too short & will not go on. I am torn between buying an A20.5 & an A21

Paul M’s current Gemini thread shows the relevant page in the Parts book where a previous owner has helpfully written in A20 and its metric equivalent so that won’t answer your question. What’s not clear from the posted image of the book is the belt size that appears to have been crossed out. May be there’s a clue there and Paul can enlighten you?

If the A20 is literally too short to go on, I would think that. 20.5 may be too short to declutch properly. So possibly a 21 is a better bet but..!?

Hope it fits ok. Think I will get the A21 & if it is a bit long I can always put a few washers between the engine and the chassis. Did some spraying today & found Wilko own brand red at under £4 a can comes out a nice shade of orange.

1 hour ago, Fix'em all said:

Very nice Paul. I like the Westwood sticker in the barrow. I will get some more pant this week for my barrow

Rover Vermillion from Halfords is the closest match I found

Titch at Machinery Decals did the decals for me