9 hours ago, Jarrovian said:

does anyone know the correct colour code or name for Wolesley  Merry Tiller red and white also Kohler engine blue code

Can you specify or show/describe the colour blue. They had a factory blueish/grey, but some manufactures also painted them.

If you're not aware of them, this website owner may give you the correct codes/names of the red and white - WMT

As for the Kohler blue, it's a guess these days, also if it's metalic or opaque?. A few engine forums have the same question asked over the years.

There was mention of the old Kohler part number (p/n 221295-s), but of no use as it's discontinued.

Mention of Ford Dark Blue Engine enamel and Old Pontiac Blue (both U.S.) being a close match, but no code stated for a UK equivalent.

I think there was a DuPont code also mentioned (GS 723) , again no use to you, unless you search for a match and compensate for computer colour variations.

That's interesting about the Kohler Blue. My C-125 engine is blue. Wasn't sure if was original. Now I know. I may keep it that colour. Thanks. :thumbs:

P.S. Just found out it could be a replacement. Came from the factory that colour. Anyone clarify?

Replacement engines were grey for some types of equipment and blue for others. There were manufactures of equipment like Panzer and others that used blue as the colour of their machines and in those cases the engine was painted the same colour blue as the equipment by the manufacturer. Wheel Horse used red as the colour of their engines until the very late 1970's, the twins were the first to go black, but soon after the single cylinders also were either paint black by wheel horse or came that way. Ford blue and Pontiac blue are both lighter than the blue Kohler used on mostly service engines. Most kohler generator sets, welders and other service equipment came with Kohler blue engines, when replacement engines were ordered they were sent in grey colour for engines that were painted by the OEM manufacturer and Blue for engines originally supplied as blue. BTW, replacement engines were designated as such on the serial number and generally did not carry the same spec number as the original engine, but rather one that was compatible from current stock. This is how you determine if your engine is original. Hope this helps.