Jarrovian

the Dragon awakes

I also downloaded it but not much help however I have started to remove tensioner pulley brake band but screws on trunking will not move will have to get under machine to remove tensioner bracket and spring

DSCF2167.JPG

DSCF2168.JPG

DSCF2169.JPG

DSCF2166.JPG

DSCF2170.JPG

DSCF2171.JPG

DSCF2172.JPG

Took photo with my phone and ran into  trouble with file size...anyway i have 2  Howard dragons ..one of which  stripped for a gearbox repair  hence the photo with engine removed.  Its a while since i took it apart  but from memory the side panel is removed   , the clutch is bolted on with two bolts onto the side of the gearbox, and onto the front mechanism. Those clutch cables are of course hens teeth. Your one looks a lovely machine , my good one was used for landscaping  and while still working is battle scarred.  The one in the photo i posted a few years back on the VHGMC forum...i bought it minus the rotor box.. a non runner with a gearbox issue. Amazingly i met an ex Howard employee at a vintage show in 2019 and he had a dragon gearbox  and a gear change cable ...he worked for Howards Ireland operation (Closed in 1982)..the gearbox he had was replaced under warranty ,so was damaged .... but had the bits i needed.