the showman

Wheelhorse Freebee

Had a phone call from a fellow member :bow:  that there was a free Wheelhorse to a good home on Red-Square local to me. After a quick response I managed to speak to the owner, he didn't know what model it was only that the engine was up front. with the help of Mr Mackellow and his trailer  :tthankyou:  we went to collect it.

I was thrilled to bits to find a 1974 Raider 12, 8 speed with almost a new deck  :omg: . Had a quick look after tea and it spins over, so a drop of fuel tomorrow and it should fire up, :england:  

post-98-0-25802300-1398626883.jpg

post-98-0-34222900-1398626905.jpg

post-98-0-43864200-1398626924.jpg

post-98-0-52412600-1398626949.jpg

post-98-0-91056500-1398626969.jpg

post-98-0-35797600-1398626992.jpg

That's a great find Chris, a nice price too....    I have a feeling that the cutting deck and mule drive have been through my hands... Can't be 100% sure... What's the previous owner story about it?

All the chap said that he bought the house 5 or 6 years ago and the Wheelhorse was in the barn, he's used ever since but each year he has to spend money on it and decided to let her spend the rest of her life driving round rally fields with lots of other Horse's

Must be loosing my touch, took me just over an hour this morning to get her running, had a drive round the garden and tried out all the gears and cutter deck.

I was a bit disappointed to find only one headlight works , or was the ole girl winking at me

post-98-0-08769700-1398709890.jpg

post-98-0-57618400-1398709916.jpg

great news Chris that she still lives , would be a real ahame to point a paint brush at her , she looks a lovely colour, in fact the deck kinda spoils her aged look .

but hey...... NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH ,,,,,,, and this really was a gift .

Dont know really, the tank was dry and the battery was flat, I changed the plug and charged the battery and renewed the + battery lead, skirted some fuel in the carb and she fired up. kept her running on the extra fuel until she pumped it up then she was ok

The more I look at this tractor the more I like it, its just so lovely with its faded paintwork, looks a proper workhorse. ive booked it into a couple of rallys as I think it makes a good exhibit in its working clothes.

Having seen this fine machine today, all I can say is it's a good job you gave her the diesel treatment or my dribbling over it would of made her rust more :D

BLA! BLA! BLA! :D

Having seen this fine machine today, all I can say is it's a good job you gave her the diesel treatment or my dribbling over it would of made her rust more :D

Your only jealous that when I was dribbling over your Holder the paint stopped it rusting :D