Ian

Lawn sweeper testing

Sorry Chris, no video as I was too busy trying to get the lawn cut before the forecast rain arrived!   Which it never did in the end :rolleyes:

The mowing duo..

LS1_zpsa650cb16.jpg

A slightly closer view of my cutter deck shrapnel shield.. Or a bit of ally clamped on the deck to leave nice straight rows of cut grass.

LS2_zps0ec7abb0.jpg

The Westwood lawn sweeper I bought from Chris did a fine job once I had worked out the faster you drive the better it picks up the grass!

Made for some interesting high speed swerving around trees and trying not to hit the clothes dryer moments :D

LS3_zpsa7415c19.jpg

Job well done..

LS4_zps3b0ead4e.jpg

Well, almost... As I don't have the space or need for a compost heap all the grass trimmings go in the recycle bin.. Which happened to be full at the time!

So I was left with lot's of big grass mole hills to load in the trailer.... Of course the recycling bin has now been emptied :rolleyes:

LS5_zpscf4b53ae.jpg

Just you wait till I get my rig going again :P

This will be turf wars B)  :D

Your lawn looks very tidy Ian

Edited by Chris

If the sun shines you could get a couple of bales of Hay out of that Ian !! :D

Top job mate :thumbs:

Funny you should say that Paul.. While I was looking at the rows of cut grass after cutting I was thinking that I need to build a little bailing machine :D

Just you wait till I get my rig going again

This will be turf wars   :D

Your lawn looks very tidy Ian

Thanks Chris, so are we going to have a "Lawn sweep-off" as our American friends like to call things? :D

Sorry Ian, I forgot to tell you to tow it at 50 mph. :D  

50 mph!!   And here was me thinking 5 mph was quite dangerous enough with trees and a rather bumpy lawn!

Looks a stronger piece of equipment then the Wheel Horse one.  They sure beat a rake. :D

Thanks Norm, yeah it is quite a strong bit of kit, I might add a bit of strength to the box part though.. And yes, it sure beats a rake :thumbs:

Nice lawn stripes Ian , & its good to see the GT14 +2 doing some collar

Thanks Neil, and yes it is nice to work the GT for a change.. The poor thing mostly only gets moved in and out of the shack to make working space. Though it did come in handy the other week when I had a pallet to be collected..

I see these pop up quite often, are they actully any good? How well do they work?

Nice looking lawn, beats a push mower and a rake

Very well really Charlie. Don't like long wet grass though.

they are useful still using a 30 odd year old one - like Ian says - it's interesting swerving around things :D

As Both Mark and Norm have said Charlie, they work very well indeed.. and can be fun at high speed :D

The winner would be the one with the straightest lines left and the most weight of cut grass collected within a set time.. Points could be deducted for any grass cuttings left and the amount of times the flower beds got run over :D

HHmmmmm.. I can see the video now....  I wonder if we could talk Jesse James into being the presenter/host? :D

Heres my sweep off!!

Got the lawn cut with the 1886 which is still playing up when it gets hot!!

Got it going again & put a PROPER Sweeper on :D  an SCH 40 inch job B)