Ian

Workshack Space Making... It has to be done!

Morning chaps. With the arrival of Project Zero-ish turn the time has come (and much over due it is too) to make some more working space in the shack!

As you can see it's a bit of a mess!

These are the least disturbing photo's :D

SSM1_zps5c82a5c3.jpg

SSM2_zpsa6e51955.jpg

SSM3_zpsffb7c67e.jpg

As you know the space in the corner has been cleared to I could at least get the new project in the dry, not ideal for working on it though!

SSM4_zpsb8d0f982.jpg

While I was digging under my main bench the other day for engine parts for diggerjames and had most of the junk pulled out I thought I might as well sort it all out!

90% of the junk neatly fitted into 50% of  the space :D

SSM5_zps2fff43a5.jpg

Pete dropped in Tuesday to give me a hand with the next stage... Sorting out the top and size of the bench!!

SSM6_zpsaf7f2435.jpg

Can you spot where the vice was bolted down? :D

SSM7_zps255b1629.jpg

A rare sight indeed, a clean bench!

SSM8_zpsda94ae90.jpg

What happened next may seem a little strange!

Marking a cutting line with the grinder..

SSM9_zpsdeec9f3e.jpg

Yep, I did say marking a "cutting line" :D

SSM10_zpsc6979457.jpg

A while later, the bench was in "slimline mode" :D

SSM11_zps20e71a4c.jpg

So why have I cut the bench in half?

Although the bench was a nice big size I could only really reach the front half of it! Which meant the back half only got covered in junk and metal off cuts!

And as I managed to operate just fine on half of the bench, it's all I really needed.. and some extra floor space would come in handy :D

SSM12_zps1889bff3.jpg

Of course I now have a box and a half of off cut's to find home for, but I think I have that worked out. The blue box is Wh spares which are waiting for some racking to be moved!

SSM13_zpsece3ad4b.jpg

The first job for the new narrow bench was getting Kenny's panels finished.. Good progress was made on that yesterday until tiredness hit big time about lunch time!  Feeling more awake today :D

SSM14_zps8e063c04.jpg

Stay tuned for more space making work... Still loads to do.

Well done! :thumbs:

Good effort :thumbs:

Looking good mate :thumbs:

Thanks chaps, it's getting there..

A small amount more done today, this clean-ish spot on the floor hasn't seen daylight in years where it was hidden under a rack!

SSM15_zps40ea8733.jpg

It's a shame that when you turn 90' to the right your greeted with this!!

SSM16_zps51c963a5.jpg

The rack in it's new home slowly filling up with Wh parts..

SSM17_zps7ff95b67.jpg

They will be very full tomorrow when this lot gets added :D

SSM18_zps8745c09e.jpg

Morning all, before I can start on the next bit of serious shack surgery one of those "very boring but has to be done" jobs was done yesterday... Yep, tidying the floor!!

I even managed to make space under the bench on far right!!  Very handy for storing boxes of metal off cuts once I have sorted through them.

SSM19_zps915f7742.jpg

You can walk around the front of the 6x6 now! :o:D

The metal box/tray thingy is for catching swarf from the pillar drill and looks much better than the old blue and much trodden on biscuit tin!

SSM20_zpse377d3a3.jpg

The tool chest was moved over as much as possible to create this big space which although filled with a full bin and bag of rubbish...

SSM21_zpsc8d470d0.jpg

Will be the new home for my power hacksaw thingy.

SSM22_zps86dbadcc.jpg

The cull has started, all stuff to be thrown out/go to the scrap man....   Though I might rescue the drill bit kit box (looks like a tool box) and turn it onto a tool box for the GT :D

SSM23_zps11f5c4f3.jpg

Oh.... and I found a few hats :D

SSM24_zps7faf0679.jpg

Right chaps, an update as requested by Paul a min ago :D

Next on the hit list for Operation "make space and find things I didn't know I had" was to tackle this messy corner and clear it out..

SSM25_zps6b96c5df.jpg

So I could fit this shelf thingy on the bench. This used to live under one side of the big bench but lost its parking space when the bench was trimmed down.

SSM26_zps0565ca5c.jpg

Lot's of digging later I found a bench grinder! :D

SSM27_zpsab985768.jpg

Gone!!!! along with the speaker..

SSM28_zps0e8258ca.jpg

That looks a lot better..

SSM29_zpsc1eb4bdd.jpg

My new paint store despite the Batman camera angle :D

SSM30_zps958b6b85.jpg

All the paint was stored in the red boxes that were between the racks.. Handy they have been moved as this space will soon fill up with..

SSM31_zps20534976.jpg

This lot !!

SSM32_zpsb86dda96.jpg

That's looking a bit better.. The key to making more working space is to make more space here.... But your have to wait to see that :D

SSM33_zps7ab8ef66.jpg

I don't recognise the place :D

You won't when you drop in in a few weeks :D   Well, the only clue might be the red machines :D

When you've finished, Ian, can you pop up here. My workshop could do with a reorganisation. :)

Thanks for the offer Norm, but I'm going to be too busy getting on with stuff that's not shack tidying :D

Evening all, I'm not sure I'm quite awake enough for this update, but I shall give it a whirl anyway :)

The day started with moving the 6x6 back to make some moving about space, and yes in the distance you can see..

SSM34_zps4e48aea4.jpg

The power hacksaw thingy has moved to it's new spot.

SSM35_zps488d6ff3.jpg

The end of the shelves were bare!!

SSM36_zpsb0155fc8.jpg

And then they weren't there! :D

SSM37_zps3d2ddccd.jpg

I'm pleased to say that despite working so close to the kettle, the coffee making facility's were still fully functional :D

SSM38_zpsabd76a9c.jpg

It's not often I have all 3 running Wh's out, but today was one of those days..

SSM39_zps050e33b4.jpg

So I could dig Project Zero-ish turn out from it's hiding place behind all sorts of junk.. It is there buried at the back :)

SSM40_zpsb4eae88e.jpg

No sooner had I started digging than the thunder started and a storm was rapidly heading my way!

SSM41_zpsced38848.jpg

So everything that was outside was hurriedly moved inside!

SSM42_zps15809736.jpg

I didn't have time to move all the clutter about so space is a bit tight at the mo!

SSM43_zps0fde75c9.jpg

But once all the clutter on the right and the stuff that was quickly pushed under the racking shelf is moved I will have loads more parking space for the 6x6.

SSM44_zpsf8afe5db.jpg

Another couple of days should have the shack fully sorted now all the major work has been done...

Which means I can get started on Project Zero-ish turn now it parked somewhere I can work on it :D

SSM46_zpsfa8fbdd5.jpg

Good work mate, I see the hood for the new project has arrived then !

Did you realise that if you abbreviate Project Zero Ish Turn it comes out as Project ZIT ??   Hmmmm !!!  :D  :D

I'm sure it won't be a blemish of any kind if done to your usual standard...

Makes ya feel sooooo much better when you have a tidy up,& ya create more room to fill up with other toot.

Looking good Ian

Good work mate, I see the hood for the new project has arrived then !

Did you realise that if you abbreviate Project Zero Ish Turn it comes out as Project ZIT ??   Hmmmm !!!  :D  :D

I'm sure it won't be a blemish of any kind if done to your usual standard...

The Wheel Horse ZIT 14... Has a ring to it :D

Ooh... Getting there :D

Even closer now :D

Makes ya feel sooooo much better when you have a tidy up,& ya create more room to fill up with other toot.

Looking good Ian

Hi Neil, more like feeling knackered after a tidy up :D

Well, today was the day for the very last bit of moving heavy stuff about in the shack..

To make some working space the 'orse's had to go out for a graze... Of course as soon as the first one was out it really pissisted it down!

SSM47_zps52926b2b.jpg

Project zero-ish turn was also moved...

SSM49_zpse9117218.jpg

It went up :D

It's nice to have it on the build bench, it saves my knees and saves me having to struggle to get up off the floor.

SSM50_zps92eb5b97.jpg

The Wh's look really crammed in tightly but there is plenty of space to walk around the build bench and from one end of the shack to the other.

SSM52_zps99a1b7a7.jpg

The cutting deck on the 312 could be a pain in the ankles!!

SSM54_zps2472d75b.jpg

But there is plenty of space to roll it back out the way for when I need to use the vice..

SSM55_zps2815e4b6.jpg

In fact enough space has been created to stretch out and put your feet up :D       Thanks for your help today Rob :thumbs:

SSM56_zps4c0cc297.jpg

Very little left to do now, just a tidy round the edges, find space for the stuff that's sitting on top of the bench, and then crack on with Project ZIT :D