Stormin

Wheel Horse SD Deck

Some more assembly done today.

Tensioner assembly and wheels on.

59e0dc291d08b_DSCF0009(4).JPG.4b8a87213f20f1d200ed9db0bd142dce.JPG

Bracketry for attachment to tractor assembled.

DSCF0011.JPG.7064a286232eb2381f194d343bf791c3.JPG 

That's it for now. Some bits and pieces to make, beg or steal next.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:21 PM, Stormin said:

I've started to assemble some of the brackets and was going to fit the belt tensioner. Here is another clue some ones been at this deck before. The flat bar for the tensioner pulley is held in position with two nylon bridge's to allow it to move. But there is nothing for under the bar to stop it rubbing on the shell top. I cannot find a manual with a schematic assembly drawing of the deck. Can anyone help? 

I'll answer you call for help Norm.

You're missing 2 plates which fit between the Shell and the Tension Bar. I believe they are/were made of Plastic or Nylon.

The part  (6748) is discontinued, so you will have to make them. 

I suspect they are about 3/16"-1/4 thick, but advise you check the Centre of the FLAT SIDE FACE of fitted Idler Pulley with the Spindle Pulley 'V' centres.

The difference will give you the required thickness. A sheet of 6mm Nylon will cost under UKL£ 4.OO delivered. 

Also I noticed you fitted the Front (pivoted) Lift Bar the same way as when you received the Deck (very 1st pic). The V Fork should to be on the Right hand side.

Item #18 >

59e11f729ced5_42SDTensr.JPG.b43f18c8446c77f11103e54ca8235bc7.JPG 

Thanks for the info, Richard. I've actually found some thin nylon sheet. I also realised I'd fitted the lift bar the wrong way round. Left it for tomorrow as it was getting near dinner time.

A little more progress.

Found a 1/2" x 6" bolt and the threaded remains of a couple long (once}  5/8" bolts. Turned the 5/8" down to 1/2" and that gave me three pieces of 1/2" bar. Drilled the spindles where they were welded to the securing plates, welded in the replacement spindles and the result is below. Old spindles included for comparison.

59e2309e42219_DSCF0001(2).JPG.03e0f19603e67f0a3407abf9bcde4f98.JPG

Fitted to the shell and lift arm refitted as it should be.

59e230a62d5d4_DSCF0002(8).JPG.ff50e6d7a3cf5a089ede9670e853d824.JPG

I found the bore of the double drive pulley to be 30 thou bigger than the blade spindle. Didn't look worn and neither is the spindle. PO bodge? Pulley off a different deck?

I bored the pulley out to 1" ID, then turned up a sleeve a tight fit, tight as knocked in with a hammer, and will be tack welded. When that's done I'll finish the bore to 3/4" to suit the spindle. I'll have to get the key way cut, but I know a man who has the gear..