Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Aiberdonian last won the day on September 13 2019

Aiberdonian had the most liked content!

About Aiberdonian
  • Rank
Profile Information
  • Location
Recent Profile Visitors
1,000 profile views
  1. You did tell me to do a write up on my Gloria resurrection in September last year and I have managed to get some photos together but I just haven't seemed able to get the time to do the write up. Once the nights get a bit darker and I have to walk the dog in the afternoon instead of evening I'll make an effort to start a topic on the subject.
  2. That is a con rod from a 10.8 HP Coventry Climax engine in a 1937 Triumph Gloria that my father bought in 1963. Hence the price of £5 for the whole car. It took out the side of the block, split the camshaft, burst the timing case and the nearside engine mounting.
  3. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Rich
  4. Maybe I'll do a topic in the restoration section about all the blood sweat and tears expended over the last three years on the Triumph but I don't have nearly as many photos of before, during and after that most folk seem to put up. I've still some back up logs to split yet. We had a lot of wind blown trees a few years ago and ran out of space.
  5. Been doing the same these last two days and totally agree about the log splitter, I've had one for ten years and it has saved a lot of backache and time over the years. Have also been doing my bit to save the planet by using an old oil tank as a wood store Might not need so much this year as the project of the last three years, my 1937 Triumph Gloria Vitesse Tourer is now back on the road.
  6. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone from a rather chilly Aberdeenshire ( - 3 deg C at the moment)
  7. Don't know what the top one is for but I think the lower one is a leaf spring lubricator.
  8. My guess is some form of gun sight.
  9. I don't think it's ebony, it's not dark enough but it is definitely some type of wood. New owner has a 1905 5HP hit and miss engine that he intends to drive it with(can't remember the make but it's not a common one)
  10. It's not in the shed anymore, dragged it out today as it's on it's way to a new owner who has a collection of early stationary engines. I am hoping someone may be able to advise what it may have been used for. I saved it from being broken up for it's copper and brass by a local scrap dealer about 35 years ago, I just couldn't let him break it up as it should really be in a museum. It's a Crompton DC dynamo serial no.6270, 70 Volt 25 Amp output at 1280 RPM and I believe it could well be pre 1900 but I have no idea what it would have been used for and whether it had been driven by steam, petrol or maybe waterwheel or what equipment would have run off the 70 Volt output. Preston Services had a similar one a few years ago but it had 3 armature supports and was 110 Volt output.
  11. We seem to be getting off lightly in our part of Aberdeenshire although wind is creating some nice drifts. Cleared way round to workshop with snow blade on back of Mitsubishi. While I was freezing my nuts off my 12 year old Staffie/Jack Russell cross was sitting in his armchair heating himself at the pot bellied wood burner. It's a dog's life! !
  12. I should have kept that out of the photo! It's a 4.2 Litre straight six Jaguar mark 10 engine with 66,000 miles on the clock. I bought the whole car because I mistakenly thought it had a 3.8 Litre engine and I wanted the cylinder head for the 3.8 E Type engine in my Carlton Carrera kit car. The heads aren't interchangeable (additional waterways at the rear of the head) so I might swap the whole engine as 3.8 heads are as rare as hen's teeth. The rest of the car would have suited Fred Flintstone, there was nothing about the body worth keeping.
  13. Brother in law has 10 acres of woodland just at the back of our houses and he gave me the contract (unpaid) to clear some of the trees that have been blown down over the years. We didn't want to cut down any standing trees so the Mitsubishi is fine and small for snaking around them dragging out the blown ones but about 4 years ago we had a really bad gale with about 25 trees down in one day just up from the houses with many more further up the wood that we just couldn't cope with so it's being professionally cleared and thinned at the moment. Unless we get some severe winters I should have enough logs for quite a few years already stockpiled, thank god for double ended log splitters, they don't half make an axe obsolete. Those cleats are 6" long by 2" deep and they do work well in soft ground, they are Bridgestone Farm Service LUG specials and came with the tractor.
  14. Couple of other machines in the collection, the rotovator is semi retired since I turned the vegetable plot in to grass after a couple of years when nothing grew but it is handy for digging up rough patches of ground prior to leveling and the snow blower is waiting for a decent winter, It does have two tracks but I thought I would try it on a couple of old Howard wheels to see if it be easier to handle but there hasn't been enough snow to find out since I fitted them. Last photo shows it earning it's keep in 2010.
  15. Aiberdonian

    Toro Mower

    Another one that would fit in to the ride on category. You'll see that my machines are in what you would call working condition.
  • Create New...