Wallfish

Little Petro mini bike

On 12/1/2019 at 9:18 PM, H Killackey said:

I have started a Facebook group specific for Little Petro's.  You can join the Little Petro Group and we can learn, trade, find info about obtaining parts, share photo's & etc.

I'm not a fan of facebook myself but wish you luck with the group, if anyone on your group needs help with the O&R engines found on the earliest batch of Little Petro minibikes feel free to send them here. :poke:

David

I was blessed by Steve Grier with lots of original brochures and paperwork for the Tas family of engines. Very cool stuff. I'll get the scanner out, and hook it to the old laptop. Post some pics of them. Stand by

Well...decided to put the 1.2 horsepower Tas motor used in the Aqua-bug/Bike-bug and Sears Gamefisher outboards in my second Petro. Besides more horsepower, the coil is neatly positioned inside the flywheel cover, and the intake port is actually in the cylinder. There are no reed valves. The gearbox side has the same 3 hole pattern, and crank end has same length/taper. I will be modifying this to produce more power by way of increased compression, porting and carburetor/exhaust improvements. Wait till you see the tiny expansion chamber I build! World's fastest Little Petro???

20191229_140705.jpg

20191201_114041.jpg

That's a coll little mini bike! would love to fine a one of those. there was someone on ebay once selling little frame thought about buying one

and making my own. To many irons in the fire now. when you get r done we would love to see some pic's.

No need to post the same request twice in two days, they aren't that common, possibly no one on here has one they want to part with, I haven't got any early TAS engines in my collection yet, only a later & much larger one.

A similar style carb is used on my 1.5HP Fuji (FMC) kit engines, but it does look a bit little larger. :dunno:

SAM_10920a.jpg.9339d0f3ebf75d28b3047571ea69f55f.jpg

David