Chris

Bolens Husky 1050 Tractor

A nice find Chris, it certainly looks like a sturdily built machine..

It's interesting to see the angle drive box thingy on the cutting deck, I'm using one for the steering on Why Not and always wondered where it came from..

Thanks,

Will be a good project again when I get time.

Has got a few problems which will need to be sorted, the wiring is shot & cut to bits. Battery tray is missing & wrong exhaust

Wisconsin TR10D engine needs an air filter top & a dip stick. It does turn over by hand & seller said it runs. But they all say that

Those rear tyres have got to go :o  Replace them with some agri grip jobs. Fronts perished also

Some stupid person has attacked it with a welder in some places. They have tried to attach the deck with some home made lift brackets. That has all got to go as I like things the way they should be. Needs the seat sorting also :D

Not sure if to restore or just get it going & sort all its problems

Edited by Chris

The 1050 was a stalwart of the Bolens line in the mid 60's very reliable machine. I get them going and fix everything before i restore, sometimes, not a full restoration, but preventive measure are just as good.

When I got my 1254, I too discovered it was missing a battery tray, air filter top, knackered wiring loom and had no exhaust. This seem to be a common theme with Bolens as many are missing these items.The seat didn't have the seat bracket and the I had the wrong fuel tank . Fortunately all sourced except the wiring. I can recommend Rick aka blackjackjakexxix from GTTallk who is very happy to ship parts over to the UK and his parts are very reasonably priced.

Battery tray and exhaust should be easy to make, let me know if you need any dimensions. Someone in the US was making and selling the covers for those seats and Jestin at tubeframe.com does wiring harness for 45 dollars.

I had a spare air filter but that went to another collector recently.

Dont like the hand painted decal. Maybe I should add D200 & that would make it worth more :D

It might be worth more but you might end up with a tractor that is not made as well and less capable :yankchain:

Iain