Charlie Smith

Farmers Boy Minorette Rotavator?

Hello All, 

I don't visit this section of the forum as much as I do some of the others, but It appears now I can contribute, I now own a 'Pedestrian Operated Machine'

This morning I went to Ardingly Collective Sale to have a look about, It's the first time I've ever been and I'm pleased I did.

I saw Chris and Paul a few times throughout the day, I'm not too sure if they managed to get anything, there was a wheel horse commando 7 up for auction but I don't know if either of them two got it or not... I'm sure they will tell us soon enough!

I managed to get my self another small project, Its only what I can assume to be a Farmers Boy Minorette I've done a little research and it seems to match the ones I have been finding, If anybody knows anything or has any information on these machines, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share it with me :) 

I only paid £21.80 £1.80 of that was buyers premium etc, so I was chuffed that I can now grow my collection get this restored and have it as a show piece, and maybe even work it from time to time...

Its nice to have something different from ride on's all the time, :D  

post-131-0-85321900-1426947942_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-84837500-1426947989_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-52979300-1426948062_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-29043800-1426948114_thumb.jpg

Thank you all, 

not much of an update but pictures to follow tomorrow, 

as of yet the fuel in the system was smelling rather off and it was a bit gooey and gunky in the carb etc, so I've taken it all off washed it through cleaned it all out blown it all through etc, all ready to bolt back together tomorrow, and then have a look at getting it started, 

when I first looked I couldn't see a spark, nor did it light up my spark tester. however upon spinning the flywheel i did get a little electric shock from the end of the HT lead, but only a little small one,... might not need looking into, might fire up, but if not ill have to look into it.