Stormin

Plough.

I see you haven't got the disc on it, are you going to use it and whats it for ?.

I was going to cut 2 inches off mine to make it lower, do you think thats an advantage i know you thought about it

The disc will be going on. If you lower it, I think you'd have to lower the hitch or have a longer hitch. And arms like Popeye. I'd leave it as is.

I'm trying to work out if reducing the height of the box, on the hitch where the pin goes through, would improve things.

Hi Stormin

Trial and error

The silver painted steel can you widen it to allow you to put the hitch in-between the the rectangle if you can make the space fit the plough hitch top or bottom using same pin arrangement this will level out the angle of the plough can I suggest you then weld the rusted flat bar to the top of the painted steel this should also help the plough angle I  think it will look sweeter and should look better and i believe it should work better

George S

If by plough hitch the square block on the plough, George. It will go inside the grey box. I'll try it tomorrow. :thumbs:

I'd need some flat bar to go in the slot hitch, Chris. I want some more anyway. Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Hi Stormin

Change of thought

Find a piece of channel that will take the plough hitch make three or four holes in it to accept the pin measure the wide from inside of back wheel.

make first hole 7 inch second hole 8  inch third hole 9 inch fourth hole 10 inch weld your flat bar to the back this should make the hitch like the letter  T on its flat now i have though it out I can now go to sleep. sorry about so many changes

If you can vary the width you can vary the depth 

George S

:hide:  :england:  :rain:

Thanks for that, George.  Something like that did cross my mind. If I'd hydraulics and lift arms I would have done. I'll see what I can do. I'll get there eventually. ;)

By George, George, I think we've cracked it. :D

The MK3 version.

post-111-0-76050600-1437824814_thumb.jpg

Sitting 7-1/2" high. Pin in 10" hole. Plough sitting flat on the ground. Adjustment about half way.

post-111-0-92122500-1437824837_thumb.jpg

Plough would go lower if tractor higher. So I think I could plough 7 - 8 inch deep?

Hi Stormin

It looks well be nice to try it out good luck

I suppose you could call it the Stormin Shear hitch as my name is Shearer HA HA

:hide:  :england:  :thumbs:  :confused:

George S

PS can we see the plough from other side to see how much suck is on the ploughshare

Hi Stormin

If you look along the bottom edge you should see a hollow from tip of ploughshare to the heel, if not the ploughshare is worn you may have to add a bit to the ploughshare at the leading edge, not a lot just enough to give you suck this help to keep plough in ground

The best way to do it is lay plough on side  run a level along the base  from heel to toe slide a piece of flat bar down ploughshare till it sticks below level about half inch should be enough tack it on check then if happy weld it on

Hope this helps you.

Keep going and you will be coming to our fun day in Perth this year

George S

That looks great Norm, another 2 or 3 and you'll have it right :lol:

You don't want a MK3 then? Pity, I was going to knock up another 3 for RPT. :D

Don't think I get more right than that Chris. But I am going to put another three holes in. You never know, they might be needed for something.