rog8811

Mayfield tractor

I have just got myself a Mayfield with scythe attachment and a tow along seat....( I nearly posted this in the ride on section :) )

It is a runner but needs a throttle cable and an air filter for the bottom of the carb. which I believe is a B10/2..has.anyone got a parts drawing for same?

Other than that it looks pretty tidy and complete, I will put some pictures up when the rain stops and I can uncover it.

Edited by rog8811

Thanks Wristpin, very useful, the basic carb body is the same, the mark 2 seems to have the little red plastic filter instead of the the plastic see through one.

I am guessing the red ones are hard to obtain?   ....I am thinking that 3D printing could help with making them available again :)

I will have the carb off for cleaning tomorrow and now know what the innards look like!

I have discovered that my Mayfield has come home, it was built just  1 1/2 miles from my house in Dorking :)

Try meetens for the red filters, they had some last time I asked, also they still had some of the oil bath type but the base of the carb and clips is different to the red type, so you would need to obtain these as well to convert. The b10/2 could also be had with the oil bath filter. The b 10/1 and b 10/2 are all but identical. The b 10 had a ball float instead of the black plunger type, but otherwise was the same as the other 2.

Tidy machine.

I am not far from you :P

Mate of mine is going to have a clear out of spare attachments soon so if your interested then let me know

Try meetens for the red filters, they had some last time I asked, 

Yes indeed, they still have them in stock so that is one part off the list, thanks S1g

Mate of mine is going to have a clear out of spare attachments soon

I got this to cut the glades on my nature reserve so not sure about anything other than maybe a saw bench....keep me in mind though :)

The carb is back on, no flooding so thats sorted with a bit of luck. Clutch cable was a bit mangled at the top end so I have cleaned it up with some shrink sleeving and a clamp to hold it out of harms way.

Although I can start it with the handle I am going to get a pull cord,as I think the action is easier.

Oh and

What model Villiers engine is it 

It is a 12 /2HS

post-542-0-40151600-1440157629_thumb.jpg

post-542-0-57076900-1440157677_thumb.jpg

Edited by rog8811

Can anyone help with finding a finger for the Mayfield, all the ones on it are original Mayfield one of which has the top tang broken off.

The other thought is that fingers of another make may fit, does any one know please?