the showman

Adapted Hitch

As some of you know Norm and myself have been messing around with ploughs, the ploughs we have are the same and very heavy, Norm very kindly made me a hitch the same as his and the plough fitted and worked very well, the only problem was lifting it with a cable from the deck handle.

Norm has a spring on his but makes it awkward so I've made a longer cable and moved it back near the plough for better leverage and it seems to work much better

post-98-0-97905700-1441309515_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-67818100-1441309535_thumb.jpg

Nice mod Chris

Now when I get my G14 bolens running I have a brinley plough for it. :)

Good thing about this tractor is its fitted with a hydraulic lift kit so I dont have to strain myself :D  :P

Being at somewhat of a loose end today, as heavy rain put paid to my plans for outside work, I've spent the day in the workshop. After a bit of tidying up and some work on my Saxon trailer, my thoughts turned to ploughing.

Chris's mod came to mind, so the afternoon was spent modifying my in a similar way. One thing I didn't want to do was fit a longer cable. After a bit of thinking the result is below. 

post-111-0-51182100-1446916640_thumb.jpg

I did find the cable clamps etc very close to the fuel tank, despite being off set. So a piece of modified box section is now in place on the sleeve hitch, which keeps things well away from the tank. Next thing is to fit the plough, buried at this time somewhere in the workshop. 

Nice job Chris, I think you were fighting physics in this situation, your leverage position. I get my exercise chopping wood and digging in the garden with my shovel, my machines all have either electric or hydraulic lift. I'm glad because with my eyesight I don't think I could handle another handle.

post-384-0-97557900-1446930793_thumb.jpg

Nice job Chris, I think you were fighting physics in this situation, your leverage position. I get my exercise chopping wood and digging in the garden with my shovel, my machines all have either electric or hydraulic lift. I'm glad because with my eyesight I don't think I could handle another handle.

I guess the wire fencing is your wife's way of making sure you don't escape until the digging is finished. :D

I think you need to eliminate the turnbuckle and if possible raise the height of the attachment point of the cable.

I guess the wire fencing is your wife's way of making sure you don't escape until the digging is finished. :D

Previous owner raised wolves. I considered putting pigs in there, "we" decided against that. I would really like to top it and side it with clear plastic and have a green house!

The reason for the turnbuckle, Alain, is so the cable can still be connected to the slot hitch.

Then I take it the cable was not originally long enough to go to the slot hitch, but went somewhere else?

If you look at the photo' Alain, you will see the shackle. By the shackle is a piece of flattened box section. That is slipped over the arm on the slot hitch, that the shackle was originally attached to.

The hitch for the plough slides into the slot hitch.