harryt

Gutbrod 1030

So here is my new addition to the fleet, a gutbrod 1030 with deck. The guy that I bought it off new nothing about it and just fancied buying something to fix. I also bought a Bolens husky 800 off him and a Brinly plow. Overall the tractor is in good original condition about from the paint, it has been painted in the past. It was not working when I bought it as he said it had an electrical fault. However I tested it this morning by putting back together what he had taken apart, fresh fuel and a battery and away it went. It goes through all the gears and mows well. This is my first gutbrod and I am really starting to like them, it is surprisingly fast as well.

I just wanted your opinion on what I should do, keep it as is or restore it, bearing in mind there are not many restored ones out there. Here are a few pictures...post-617-0-86204700-1459261326_thumb.jpepost-617-0-40104900-1459261342_thumb.jpepost-617-0-44131600-1459261359_thumb.jpepost-617-0-90486700-1459261374_thumb.jpe

Harry if it were me a good clean and service followed with a good waxing session will set it off nicely. Nice find by the way!

Look forward to see some photos of the 800.

I think Chris may of already bought the Bolens off me!

Hi Harry, That's a nice looking 1030.

Regarding leaving as is or restoring there is no right answer, personally I like the fact it still has the Allen of Oxford transfers and some character  :)

If it starts and runs ok could it be that the charging circuit has a fault?

I see the horn has found its way to the battery tray and the battery leads now run to the back of the tractor, is there a tray to fit on the tow hitch for the battery or something?

Cheers

John

Hi Harry, That's a nice looking 1030.

Regarding leaving as is or restoring there is no right answer, personally I like the fact it still has the Allen of Oxford transfers and some character  :)

If it starts and runs ok could it be that the charging circuit has a fault?

I see the horn has found its way to the battery tray and the battery leads now run to the back of the tractor, is there a tray to fit on the tow hitch for the battery or something?

Cheers

John

I dont think the charging circuit has a fault because he said when using it it just stopped, and then took it apart and did not mention anything about the charging system. He did make a battery tray to fit on the back but i will return the battery to its original position, where should the horn be. I will also probaly give it a re-wire as everything is all over the place.

Harry